For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are looking for Technicians at all skill levels who have an adventurous spirit and specialize in Necropsy to join our Rapid Response teams. In this role, you will have the opportunity for paid travel to various North American and global Charles River sites, performing basic and advanced laboratory procedures. You will have the opportunity to expand your skills and cross train in various techniques while meeting new Charles River colleagues. This is an exciting opportunity for those willing to travel with minimal notice. Home base for these positions may be located at any of our Charles River sites. We are also open to remote employees.
Travel required is 75% or more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for performing basic necropsy procedures (dissection, tissue collection and sample collection, etc.) per hosting sites SOP’s and special necropsy procedures (collection of tissues for special procedures, perfusion fixation, fetal evaluation, specialized dissection, neurodissection, photography, etc.).
- Will review laboratory documents for accuracy, completeness and compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), and study specific requirements and prepare responses, deviations and other documentation resulting from internal and external reviews and/or audits.
- Possesses a DEC in Animal Health or equivalent
- Is meticulous and patient
- Is available (flexible hours) and available to work weekends
Care – We show we care when we respect each other, our animals and the communities where we work and live, when we create a positive healthy workplace, when we are mindful of our compliance standards, and when we choose to do the right thing.
Own – We act like owners when we hold ourselves accountable for our actions, when we respond to internal and external client needs with speed and accuracy, when we set and achieve meaningful goals, and when we strive towards continuous improvement.
Lead – We lead when we advocate our purpose and model our values, when we deliver innovation, when we embrace change, and when we appreciate and celebrate the great work of others.
Collaborate -We collaborate when we partner with each other and promote teamwork, when we communicate clearly and effectively across the hall or around the globe, and when we welcome all forms of diversity and encourage inclusiveness.