Department: Medical Dupilumab Canada
About Sanofi Specialty Care
Sanofi Specialty Care has pioneered the development and delivery of transformative therapies for patients affected by rare and debilitating diseases for over 30 years. We accomplish our goals through world-class research and with the compassion and commitment of our employees. With a focus on immunology, rare diseases/rare blood disorders, neurology/multiple sclerosis and oncology, we are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of the patients and families we serve. That goal guides and inspires us every day. Sanofi Specialty Care’s portfolio of transformative therapies, which are marketed in countries around the world, represents groundbreaking and life-saving advances in medicine. As a Sanofi company, Sanofi Specialty Care benefits from the reach and resources of one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies, with a shared commitment to improving the lives of patients. Learn more athttps://www.sanofi.com/en/your-health/specialty-care
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions. With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
The Medical Education Lead, under the management of the medical director, will develop the national education strategy based on the brand strategic imperatives and uses insights to develop and implement national and regional Continued Medical Education (CME) and other learning initiatives in collaboration with his/her medical and commercial partners.
The Medical Education Lead will design, and lead implementation of, educational/learning initiatives based on strategy that addresses the educational needs of health professionals and patients, to reduce the healthcare gaps relevant to the brand priorities.
The individual ensures that outcomes and value of these interventions are measured and disseminated within and across regions.
Co-Lead the KOL management with medical advisors within the brand in conjunction with the cross functional team.
• Active member of the core brand team.
• Through Customer Insights, provide strategic direction for existing and emerging customer learning activities.
• Participate in the development of the national medical education plans in line with the brands’/medical strategic direction, ongoing execution, and budgeting of medical education initiatives including regional and national speaker tours, symposia, conferences, and other interventions as needed.
• Provide key customer insights gained from KOL interactions to business partners to help guide strategic direction.
• Develop and nurture close relationships with KOLs (Key Opinion Leaders) and other stakeholder groups to facilitate education initiatives and support the brand.
• Collaborate/partner with various internal/external stakeholders to develop and implement strategic and innovative customer education/value-add programs related to the brand therapeutic area.
• Attend/participate in National/regional and major related therapeutic area conferences as needed.
• Keep abreast of scientific literature/clinical data relating to therapeutic area.
• Collaborate with and provide expert-level CME/learning program consultation and support to the internal and external stakeholders.
• Lead any education related initiatives within national/regional congresses e.g.: satellite symposia.
• Validate fair market value for any payment for external stakeholders.
• Review and approve all requirements related to educational initiatives.
• Contribute to initiatives over and above educational initiatives: brand planning, strategic planning for the brands, program design, consultant for all programs containing educational components.
• Manage Third Party Agencies efficiently: set clear expectations, timelines, optimal quote, close follow-up, ensure corporate presence and ownership of project, debriefing on project, and tight budget management.
• Monitor environment for new trends, opportunities, and competitor strategies, evolving business and educational needs, incorporate these findings into the development of education strategies and programs, and provide ongoing communication of these relevant findings to Brand Teams, and Field teams.
• Establish relationships with University education departments, associations, key education stakeholders to build partnerships or strategic alliances in education and to develop programs which will answer healthcare educational needs.
• Continually engage in self-development of education expertise, accreditation and performance measurement, while adhering to ethical healthcare educational standards/guidelines such as IMC CMA, CFPC, FMOQ, Royal College, ACME, internal compliance.
• Stay attuned to new industry trend and advancing technologies related to Education and Learning Programs.
• Identify and prioritize healthcare gaps from various sources (literature, consults, etc.) aligned to the therapeutic pillars.
• Aligned with the brand strategy, develop an innovative and strategic education plan including educational/learning objectives that will help reduce healthcare gaps, meet patient /customer needs and support National and/or regional objectives.
• Work with field teams and cross functional partners to ensure optimal field implementation.
• Develop interventions using evidence-based adult and organizational learning principles adapted to type of learners, content and setting.
• Pilot new models of educational interventions to achieve effective learning and change of behavior.
• Use measurement data to assess educational outcomes / metrics of the educational intervention.
• Ensure appropriate accreditation and/or endorsement of selected programs.
• Communicate outcomes and value of interventions within Sanofi and with customers.
• Ensure learning and educational programs are aligned with IMC and internal compliance requirements.
• Manage the medical education budget to generate maximal impact: expenses, accruals, phasing, potential variances, and recommended actions.
• Manage the educational/learning components related to national and international conferences.
KOL Management Plan
• Lead the development and implementation of specific programs, and consultant meetings with the support of the brand Team.
• Support KOL development and advocacy plan.
• MSc (PhD, PharmD, MD an asset).
• 8+ years of Medical Affairs experience.
• Strong knowledge of immunology therapeutic area (experience in dermatology an asset).
• Project management experience.
• Demonstrated experience in building relationship with thought leaders, pharmacists, nurses, and patient support groups.
• Expertise in educational design, adult learning, education best practice, and outcomes assessment.
• Knowledge of compliance.
• Results oriented.
• Strategic agility.
• Communication skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Scientific and business acumen.
• Ability to critically appraise scientific data.
• Facilitation skills.
• Negotiation skills.
• Entrepreneurial spirit.
• Computer Knowledge.
• Microsoft Outlook: Electronic mail; Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel; Microsoft PowerPoint.
• Approximately 15-30% of the time with occasional weekend travel.
• Written and spoken English and French a definite asset.
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
Watch our ALL IN video and check out our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion actions atsanofi.com!
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.Apply Now