The Medical Advisor/Manager, Medical Communications serves as a strategic leader within our clinical development organization. Assists in the development of strategy, operations, and execution of internal and external medical communications that advance clinical development objectives. Contribute to scientific content development, medical education, congress materials, and data generation. This position requires an ability to motivate cross-functional teams, identify gaps in scientific knowledge, and communicate key medical data and messages through an integrated, compelling scientific story. This position will closely collaborate with the Associate Medical Director, Medical Affairs on medical affairs activities.
This position will report to the Director, Medical Affairs and will be based in Seattle, WA.
- Contribute to the overall medical affairs strategy through the execution of a global medical communications strategy that conveys a consistent and compelling scientific narrative to advance Zymeworks’ clinical program objectives
- Engage in scientific exchange with and educate healthcare providers and professional organizations to advance the understanding of relevant disease areas, including the management of disease, standards of patient care, and the value of Zymeworks’ medicines.
- Review scientific materials for medical and scientific content accuracy and to ensure compliance with all Zymeworks’ policies and procedures
- Work on a cross-functional team in the development of publications & education material by collaborating with internal functions, external authors, alliance partners, and medical communications agencies
- Conduct gap analyses to identify medical/scientific communication needs and opportunities, including participation in advisory boards and other KOL engagement initiatives
- Assist in the implementation of Investigator Initiated Trials (IITs), Expanded Access Program, unrestricted educational grants, congress support and KOL development
- Collaborate with program research and clinical leads to identify topics for data generation that help inform clinical decision making, develop a data generation strategy, and advocate for relevant studies and publications
- Lead planning and scientific content development for medical congress booths to support Zymeworks products and disease state education. Support content development for advisory boards and other KOL engagement initiatives as needed
- Assess medical education needs and assist in the development of internal and external programs and materials, including scientific communications platforms, standard response letters, product narratives, disease state education materials, MOA videos, and other graphics
- Develop and adapt operational processes to effectively evolve with medical communications needs
Qualifications and Experience
- Ph.D., Pharm.D., or advanced healthcare degree required. Experience in Oncology or related therapeutic disciplines strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of pharmaceutical industry experience, including involvement with medical affairs activities; previous field medical/KOL engagement experience a plus
- Flexible, adaptable, and excited to grow in a fast-paced, dynamic company
- Embody and champion Zymeworks’ values: Innovate, Act with Integrity, Collaborate, and Care
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict confidentiality on matters that require discretion
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills and ability to translate complex clinical, biological, or translational data to diverse internal and external audiences
- Strong leadership skills, with a demonstrated ability to influence and motivate cross-functional teams
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with the ability to work on multiple projects efficiently
- Strong scientific analytical skills with experience in laboratory or translational research in cancer and/or immunology desirable
- Ability to travel 15-20% required
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered