Products at Synaptive include electrical, mechanical, optical and software components and on your path of becoming a product expert, you will learn about all of them and how they work to create state-of-the-art medical devices. We are looking for someone who is eager to dig in, learn and actively contribute to our multi-disciplinary team.
What You’ll Do
- Become a subject matter expert on the mechanical design of Synaptive’s surgical product line
- Design and develop mechanical systems according to product requirements to achieve best-in-class performance
- Generation and analysis of models, detailed drawings and BOM of mechanical components
- Assist in procurement of prototype materials, including liaising with suppliers, generating RFQs and SOWs, as required
- Assemble and test prototype systems during product development cycle
- Coordinate and assist with third-party standards testing
- Conduct and participate in reviews for software and hardware design as well as product requirements and risk analysis
- Investigate and resolve issues with prototype, production and customer systems as needed
- Work with internal customers (operations, service, quality, regulatory, test) to successfully transfer design to production and sustain products throughout their lifetime
- Support development of testing and manufacturing processes of products including design of test and manufacturing fixtures
- Generate records (technical reports, presentations) to document history of design (DHF) and ensure product can be manufactured and maintained at the highest level of quality.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechatronics Engineering, Systems Design Engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in mechanical and electrical design
It’d Be Amazing If You Had
- 5+ years of experience with SolidWorks and SolidWorks EPDM
- Knowledgeable of the following standards and relevant collateral standards: IEC 60601, ISO 13485, ISO 14971
- Experience in the design, development, and testing of medical devices
- Fast learner with excellent problem-solving skills
- Friendly and positive attitude
- Self-motivated and self-managing
- Ability to work in a highly technical, fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to take ownership of a problem and see it through resolution while utilizing help from others
The Fine Print
The employee may perform other related duties as necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Synaptive Medical is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities.
We would like to thank everyone who submits a resume for these positions. Due to the volume that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.