Do you want to work on something that really matters? Something that could change your life and the lives of everyone you know?
Spartan Bioscience is a leading biotechnology company headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario. Spartan’s mission is to bring the power of DNA testing to everyone with the Spartan Cube, the world’s smallest DNA analyzer. The Cube enables unprecedented portability and accuracy in applications such as infectious disease, pharmacogenetics, and environmental testing.
As a Marketing Intern at Spartan Bioscience, you will be helping to build our bran and strengthen customer engagement. You will work closely with our Communications Director and Chief Revenue Officer on a variety of projects including: social media initiative, outreach campaigns, public relations, website building, and video production.
- Assist in day-to-day operations relating to marketing and communications
- Support with content creation for all social media campaigns
- Create videos, compelling content/copy/offerings for our blog, website, Instagram, LinkedIn, emails and other marketing collaterals
- Identify new opportunities for marketing content
- Assist team at events, such as trade shows and conferences
- Perform other duties as required
Qualifications (be very specific in your application):
- Passion and knowledge for marketing, content production, and social media
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Experience in Final Cut and Premiere Pro is also a plus
- You are result oriented and like to take charge of projects
- You are organized, resourceful and autonomous
- You thrive in a constantly evolving environment
Top 10 reasons to work at Spartan Bioscience:
- We work because we believe in what we do. No one punches the clock.
- Supportive team. We’re here for each other. No lone wolves.
- Comfortable dress code. Jeans and t-shirt if you’re not meeting customers.
- Balance work and play. You’re allowed to have a life.
- We get things done. No excuses. No red tape.
- Speak your mind. Anyone may challenge the CEO.
- Waste not, want not. We make the most out of what we have.
- Meaningful mission. Faster DNA results improve lives.
- Help make history. Bring the power of DNA testing to everyone.
- There is such a thing as a free lunch after all. Company lunch every Friday.
If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to bringing about change, will value your ideas, will invest in your individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.