Job Description Summary
The Cleanroom Technologist is an essential team member who will be involved in cutting edge life science manufacturing. Manufacturing encompasses unit of operation tasks, such as but not limited to: weighing of raw material, compounding, formulating, and aseptic processing. All operations will be performed for regulated and non-regulated production. You will have a chance to work in a close-knit Manufacturing team and actively collaborate with STEMCELL’s Quality Control, Supply Chain, and Quality Assurance departments. The Manufacturing department requires someone who is inquisitive, work focused, attentive to detail, contributes to continuous improvements, and has the willingness to grow within a dynamic and diverse team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, set up and operate production equipment required in the manufacture of products.
- May be required to manufacture both regulated and non regulated products
- Follow written batch records and procedures to manufacture assigned products maintaining the required quality
- Seek to understand priorities and complete work in a timely manner
- Participate, as required, in continuous improvement projects to improve efficiencies within manufacturing
- Follow SOP (standard operating procedures), guidelines and/or diagrams to ensure product specifications and tolerance levels are met. Provide feedback and suggestions on SOP revisions.
- Complete and maintain the required training to work with both regulated and non regulated products
- Conduct daily monitoring, calibration and routine maintenance of equipment used.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of all processes performed
- Follow all quality assurance (QA) policies and procedures outlined in the Quality Management System (QMS)
- Occasional weekend work (Saturday and/or Sunday), shift work and or overtime may be required
- May be required to manufacture at different environments to support non-regulated and regulated production
- Shift work will be required
- Occasional weekend work (Saturday/ Sunday) and overtime may be required
- BSc in one of life sciences (ie. Biochemistry, Chemistry, Cell biology) or equivalent degree
- Working knowledge of regulated environment is an asset
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office applications (for example, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Sharepoint, Visio, Access and Project)
- Knowledgeable on quality systems such as ISO 13485 and cGMP experience a definite asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to balance speed and accuracy requirements
- Ability to lift 25 to 30lbs in cold room environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Exposure to Lean Principles a definite asset
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!Apply Now