Synaptive Medical is a Downtown Toronto based company focused on developing medical equipment and applications for neurosurgical procedures. Together, these devices form a full and complete solution of visualization technologies for the operating room. In the past 20 years, the core members of Synaptive Medical have founded and grown multiple successful medical start-ups into international markets. The company has a number of opportunities for motivated people to join the team and share in the challenges and rewards of developing technologies to improve patient care and outcomes in neurosurgery.
The Manufacturing Technician is responsible for the assembly, troubleshooting, testing, and repair of sophisticated, sensitive, precision medical instruments for neurosurgical and Magnetic resonance applications.
What You’ll Do
- Assemble, inspect, troubleshoot, test, calibrate, and pack electro-mechanical medical devices and associated components following Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines, ISO Standards, and approved Standard Operating Procedures.
- Solve technical manufacturing issues related to electro-mechanical systems, computer systems, and imaging systems with the use of electronic test instruments and engineering documentation including schematics, technical drawings, performance specifications, etc.
- Assist in the development, build, qualification, and maintenance of manufacturing testing stations including hardware and software installations, assembly test fixtures/jigs, and other test equipment as required.
- Support the development and implementation of manufacturing processes and procedures for new product introductions and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Work with team members and co-ordinate with other departments to meet requirements of schedule, quality, and safety.
- Provide recommendations and support implementation of Lean Manufacturing activities.
- Recommend and support the implementation of optimized technical methods to meet manufacturing process requirements, product requirements, and quality assurance, while minimizing overall production costs.
- Provide inputs for continuous improvement initiatives for product manufacturability and serviceability.
- Support the development and update of manufacturing work instructions and documentation as required.
- Communicate production status, deviations, issues and general information as required.
- Performs other manufacturing related tasks as assigned.
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in manufacturing/assembly of electro-mechanical systems.
- Engineering/Technologist Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working with Volt Meters, torque wrenches, hand tools and specialized test equipment.
- Strong knowledge and experience with electronics, personal computers, basic operating systems.
- Proficient in the assembly and repair of parts composed of small components.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office software.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices.
It’d Be Amazing If You Had
- Experience in manufacturing/assembly of medical devices
- Experience & knowledge in electro-mechanical assemblies and Lean Manufacturing principles & applications preferred.
- Experience working in an ISO 13485 environment.
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Excellent problem-solving skills, technical proficiency, and analytical abilities.
- Excellent communication skills and some knowledge in Technical writing.
- Able to adapt and embrace change in a product development & manufacturing setting.
- Ability to identify potential problems and take appropriate action.
- Must be able to work with others in different disciplines.
- Must be able to work in a team setting.
- Demonstrated patience and motivation to learn.
The employee is regularly required to stand; walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The Fine Print
The employee may perform other related duties as necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Synaptive Medical is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities.
We would like to thank everyone who submits a resume for these positions. Due to the volume that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.