Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics, initially focused on the treatment of cancer. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
This position will report to the Senior Director, People Operations and will be based in Seattle WA or remote.
- Provide leadership in all aspects of staffing operations and execution to evolve talent acquisition systems and processes to scale for business needs
- Refine, document and manage consistent recruiting, interviewing, offer and on-boarding workflows and processes (including management of agencies, vendors and contingent workforce) that support a highly positive candidate experience
- Support and provide direction to talent acquisition team and hiring managers to ensure recruiting process, interviews, and documentation are in compliance with legal requirements and guidelines in all states and provinces in which the company does business
- Build a data-driven recruiting organization, developing recruiting metrics and analytics that measure the efficiency and effectiveness of the recruiting team, hiring managers, interviewers, and incoming talent
- Partner with Communications/Marketing team to evolve our employment branding insights, drive decision making, and measure program ROI
- Provide market/industry/competitive intelligence and candidate insights to influence and shape talent and workforce decisions
- Partner with People Team colleagues to provide excellent strategic partnership and guidance, identify efficiencies and build strong operating systems on issues related to compensation, operations, on-boarding and the long-term success of candidates once they join Zymeworks
Skills and Abilities:
- Prior track-record of successfully building, inspiring and scaling a recruiting (or similar business operations) function across multiple geographies for a high-growth company
- Proven interpersonal and people leadership skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a cross-functional team. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- In-depth knowledge of talent acquisition activities and best practices including branding and onboarding.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a high paced, fast changing environment. Results oriented.
- Exceptional facilitation and communication skills, including the ability to present complex ideas clearly and effectively.
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills to integrate talent and business strategies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 5 – 7 years of directly related experience preferably in a Life Science or Clinical industry.
- Demonstrated experience with project/program management.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment where change and ambiguity are common.
- A passion for innovative solutions and process improvement.
Why Work for Us?
At Zymeworks, we stand for innovation, integrity, collaboration and care.
Zymeworks’ employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed. We are excited by the cutting-edge science and technology, the endless possibilities this union holds and the sheer opportunity to be a part of something big. To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at https://zymeworks.bamboohr.com/jobs/.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please apply online at https://zymeworks.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=363. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: Zymeworks values our relationships with our Recruitment Partners. We will only accept resumes from those partners whom have been contracted by a member of our Human Resources team to collaborate with us. Zymeworks is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received without contract.Apply Now