Job Description Summary
The Manager, Marketing Project Management is responsible for managing marketing campaigns and other marketing projects and programs through the various phases of team formation, project development and execution. The Manager will provide leadership, mentorship and training to a team of direct reports (Project/Program Managers, Associates and Coordinators), including supporting and championing the application of corporate project management methodology. The Manager is also responsible for overseeing diverse Strategic Marketing support functions, and plays a critical role in identifying and implementing related opportunities for improvement.
Project Management Responsibilities:
- Maintains oversight of projects managed by Marketing Project Management Team in order to ensure successful completion of all projects within a portfolio, resolve challenges and identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Project manages large cross-functional marketing campaigns and other marketing projects from initial team formation to successful completion on schedule and on budget.
- Collaborates closely with project sponsors and senior managers to determine project scope, priority and resource allocation.
- Facilitates the creation and maintenance of project information (goals, design, schedule, budget, risks etc.) and provides clarity to team members on project management methodology.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive project plans, including detailed Gantt charts, to be shared with project teams and stakeholders.
- Provides project management leadership and motivation to individuals and cross-departmental project teams.
- With team, tracks, analyzes, and reports on campaign metrics including budget; monitors projects for scope creep and adherence to timelines.
- Identifies and reports bottlenecks and delays to project teams, supervisor and stakeholders.
- Delivers clear presentations and facilitates productive discussions in project meetings, actively participating in a deliberate manner to assist team members in designing solutions that are consistent with project goals.
Management and Other Responsibilities:
- Leads, manages, coaches, develops and evaluates direct reports through regular one-on-one and team meetings; ensures direct reports have the capability and capacity to meet future organizational needs.
- Supports team in providing diverse program management and coordination support to Strategic Marketing team and other related groups as needed.
- Oversees development and management of marketing budgets for campaigns and take-to-market activities.
- Oversees management of trademark portfolio and departmental change control process and resourcing.
- Act as custodian of project management software, overseeing continuous process improvements, data hygiene, training, etc.
- Represents Marketing Project Management within Strategic Marketing and identifies and champions opportunities for collaboration, alignment and process-improvement across projects and programs.
- Leads by example and demonstrates a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Minimum BSc degree in a life sciences related field; MBA, PMP or marketing qualification would be an asset.
- Minimum 3 years of directly relevant experience in a marketing communications or project management role, preferably in the life sciences industry.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience participating in and managing multi-disciplinary projects, with a strong understanding of project management methodology.
- 1-3 years of direct management experience; proven ability to lead, manage, develop and mentor reporting staff.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, requiring significant cross-functional coordination and teamwork.
- Proven leadership capabilities in creating and motivating project teams.
- Track record of managing multiple projects and consistently hitting deadlines.
- Experience building strong working relationships with senior managers.
- Well organized with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of project management software such as Teamwork or MS Project .
- Flexible and committed with a good tolerance for ambiguity.
- Effective decision making and delegating skills.
- Confident, results-oriented individual.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!Apply Now