Job Description Summary
The Manager, Human Resources (Sales) for the assigned business group(s) is responsible for the overall coordination and successful delivery of STEMCELL’s HR programs (designed by the Centres of Excellence) within that functional group.
The HR Manager represents the needs of the business group they are partnered with, within the HR team as a whole. Working in collaboration and close partnership with the HR functional and divisional/regional leaders and teams, this role serves as a front-line lead in delivering and embedding a broad range of Corporate HR programs and services. S/he provides support to the business group(s) by understanding their current and future business needs with a global perspective to proactively respond to the growing workforce at STEMCELL.
The core HR practice areas for service delivery encompasses transactional support for all people activities within and across our North American Sales team, workforce planning, employee training and leadership development, performance management, compensation and benefits, disability management, recruitment and talent acquisition, conflict resolution and employee relations, and organizational development, in accordance with the established HR strategies, programs, policies, processes and practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a lead in providing front-line HR consultation, counsel and coaching to senior management, people managers and employees in all HR practice areas, including legal compliance and employment standards.
- Responsible for ensuring that all HR transactional activities for the assigned business group(s) are achieved with a high level of quality and accuracy.
- Lead by example in demonstrating STEMCELL’s values of innovation, quality, responsiveness, integrity and collaboration.
- Manage and maintain positive employee relations with a strong corporate culture focus by understanding the work environment, driving employee engagement, satisfaction and motivation, in addition to addressing / resolving all employee issues or concerns expeditiously.
- Work in close partnership with the HR functional and divisional leaders and teams to effectively respond to the short-term and long-term organizational needs in the areas of Recruitment / Talent Acquisition, Performance Management, Talent Management, Leadership Development and HR Operations.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and implement all Corporate HR programs, policies, processes and procedures by guiding and supporting senior management, people managers and employees.
- Identify internal and external employment issues, skills gaps, and market trends that may impact the business group(s) by recommending opportunities for improvement of the identified areas, and leading the change management activities.
- Oversee the development of job profiles and career paths for the assigned business group(s), including job analysis, job design and job evaluation. Contribute to the employee compensation plans to meet and compete against market standards.
- Conduct a needs / gap assessment as the business group(s) continues to grow or evolve by analyzing and reporting on HR metrics through data retrieval from the HRIS systems and measuring results of the HR programs and initiatives including retention and engagement. Recommend improvements (introducing, redefining and updating) to address gaps to the HR programs, processes and service levels.
- Proactively identify and analyze the organizational structures (services, processes, resources and tools), people capabilities, and change initiatives that are required.
- Serve as an active member of the HR Leadership Team by participating in and applying a global lens for the development of the HR departmental goals, objectives, programs, policy development and systems.
- Steward the ongoing evolution of a high impact organizational development strategy by understanding the current and future business needs to facilitate continuous individual, team and business group performance improvement.
- Directly or indirectly develop HR professionals to support the assigned business group(s).
- May manage HR generalists in transactional activities depending upon the size, scope and regional complexity of the assigned portfolio.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Human Resources Management or related field. CPHR designation is required. An MBA or other related Master’s degree would be an asset.
- Minimum 10+ years of relevant progressive HR experience as an HR Business Partner, Senior HR Advisor or HR Manager.
- Proven ability to deliver results of high quality and demonstrated experience working in a highly responsive environment. Excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in building strong relationships, including interfacing and communicating effectively with employees at all levels across the organization.
- Strong ability to facilitate, influence and negotiate in order to resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes.
- Highly adept in dealing with sensitive and confidential HR issues with tact and discretion.
- Broad perspective on general business, with a working understanding of financial matters.
- Comprehensive knowledge of employment related laws, standards and regulations.
- Proven ability to analyze problems, identify key information and issues, interpret data and determine implications, provide recommendations and effectively resolve.
- Excellent judgment, critical thinking and evaluation, analytical and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Highly flexible, good tolerance for ambiguity and time-driven deadlines and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- Proficient ability to plan, organize, prioritize time and workload to deliver on goals, deadlines and transactional tasks. Passionate about meeting or exceeding performance goals and expectations.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation) coupled with strong interpersonal skills both in one-on-one and in group settings.
- Proficient knowledge of HRIS systems (e.g. WorkDay), Google Products and MS Office Suite.
- Team orientated –‘one-team’ behavior is a must.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!