Synaptive Medical is a Canadian medical device company, based in downtown Toronto, focused on supporting healthcare professionals and systems in patient diagnosis and treatment. Synaptive’s suite of products include MRI, surgical planning, navigation, and robotic visualization – all of which can be seamlessly combined or used independently in the operating room. The company has a number of opportunities for innovative people to join the team and share in the development of technologies to solve surgical and imaging challenges in patient care.
We have a six-month contract opportunity for a Manager, Financial Reporting. You will have an opportunity help Synaptive in the immediate short-term with all aspects of financial reporting.
What You’ll Do
- Lead all aspects of the month end/year end close process
- Oversee the preparation and review of the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and reporting packages under IFRS including budgets to actuals working papers and note disclosures
- Lead the interim and year end audits, including preparation and review of audit working papers and coordination with external auditors
- Ensure compliance with new and amended IFRS policies
- Lead the functional currency change project in the system, alongside the Director Finance
What You’ll Need
- University Degree in Accounting or Business
- CPA designation required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- 7-10 years of experience in financial reporting and/or audit
- Canadian public company reporting, and audit experience required
- Strong knowledge of IFRS with demonstrated ability for application in technical memos
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under minimal supervision
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently while respecting deadlines
- Strong project management skills including the ability to provide leadership and project accountability
- Excellent organizational, communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Cooperative and collaborative team player
Diversity & Inclusivity
Synaptive is based out of one of the most diverse countries in the world. This includes differences related to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender expression and presentation, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability and socioeconomic status. To us, diversity is one our strongest assets to our organization. We commit ourselves to promoting the recognition and appreciation of our diverse and rich culture. We believe that it is critical to our success to promote freedom of thought and opinion in a respectful environment. The decisions we make are rooted by respectfully considering each other’s thoughts and opinions and by working towards a greater common goal, saving lives.
Synaptive Medical is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If as a qualified job applicant, you request accommodation, Synaptive will consult with you to provide reasonable accommodations according to your specific needs. If you wish to make a request, you will be provided an opportunity if your application is selected to proceed in our hiring process.
How to Apply
Unless otherwise stated, applications will only be considered from candidates eligible to work in Canada, or the country in which they’re applying to, without sponsorship.
If you are interested in this position and can demonstrate that you meet or exceed the requirements defined in the job description, please include #GOBRAIN in the top right corner of your resume and then complete your online application by clicking “Apply Now” and following the prompts.
The successful candidate to this role will be asked to complete background checks, which may include criminal, credit, employment and/or educational checks. All offers of employment are conditional on the receipt of satisfactory results of any applicable background check.
We would like to thank everyone who submits an application. Due to the volume that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.Apply Now