Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Senior Director, Finance the Manager, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable is implementing policies, procedures and controls pertaining to the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables processes in Canada and all subsidiaries of STEMCELL. Key responsibilities of the role include acting as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on all AP and AR transactions and settlement process executed in the ERP and peripheral systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and mentor a large team (6 AP Administrators, 4 AR Administrators)
- Help develop and report performance key metrics to identify challenges and proposes remediation
- Maintains strong interactions with Customer Service, Finance and Purchasing Department to identify, address and resolve operating issues
- Develops, maintains and support ongoing compliance with internal control guidelines
- Acts as the ERP Subject Matter Expert on all processes and transactions pertaining to Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables
- Provides guidelines and training to the employees in charge of AP or AR in foreign subsidiaries
- Identify stale accounts and supports collections and dispute resolution in coordination with the Sales team
- Reviews and document weekly payment process for 3 legal entities in multiple currencies
- In charge of the reporting, update and reconciliation of the doubtful account accrual
- In charge of the monthly quarterly and yearly AP and AR ledger close and reconciliation
- Identifies, researches and resolves billing issues in coordination with ERP architects as needed
- Support Indirect Tax posting and reporting accuracy in coordination with the Tax Department
- Act as the point of escalation for collection or payment related issue
- Reviews periodically the credit limit for customers
- Support process implementation and redaction of procedures.
- Other duties, assignments and projects as assigned
- Diploma or Certificate in Office Administration or Accounting.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task where necessary
- Hands-on and performance-driven
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of related work experience with accounting knowledge.
- Experience working with an ERP system and accounting software package.
- Proficient in using MS Word and Excel.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral); communicates in a clear, concise and organized manner; listens to others to obtain information.
- Strong internal and external customer service orientation; proven experience building strong relationships with customers.
- Experience in a multi-divisional, multi-currency environment
- Self-starter; requires minimal supervision and direction
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work in a high volume and fast paced environment.
- Experience working in a multidivisional, multi-currency environment.
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!Apply Now