For 75 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
Responsible for establishing the Learning and Development strategic initiatives and curriculum for the Safety Assessment business, with a focus on our Canadian region. This is a business facing role that will work across the different departments and sites to provide adoption support for the complex learning and development initiatives. This position will require an individual to quickly shift from a site-specific perspective to a global impact and vice versa.
Hybrid-work environment, with the requirement to travel to all of the Charles River Laboratories sites, including Senneville, Sherbrooke, Laval, Boisbriand, Terrebonne, as required.
• In partnership with Site leaders, establish strategic learning and development initiatives needed to improve leadership, professional development, and technical/operational training programs.
• Promote and foster a culture of continuous learning, growth, and knowledge.
• Conduct training needs assessments and map out training strategies and plans.
• Recommend enhancements / modifications to improve employee learning, engagement, learning interventions, and retention to meet the changing needs of the business.
• Design, develop maintain, review, and implement engaging training curriculums, programs, and courses, using a variety of learning methods and techniques, whilst ensuring consistency of the training sessions with the organization’s objectives and business goals.
• Prepare all support material and organization / coordination of small and large-scale training initiatives.
• Lead, animate, and facilitate diverse bilingual training workshops and sessions (Instructor-led and virtual).
• Create and develop e-learning curriculums, programs, and courses.
• Maintain training records, e-learning courses, and attendance tracking in the LMS.
• Develop evaluation criteria to measure quality and effectiveness of training program.
• Create and update dashboards for reviewing key performance indicators.
• 7+ years of extensive experience in learning or development or education preferred.
• Bachelors or Masters of Organization Development or Educational Technology, preferred.
• Knowledge in Adult Learning concepts required.
• Excellent presentation skills, adaptable to the level of audience, in both French and English.
• Project management experience focused on learning and development initiatives
• Experience navigating and maintaining an LMS.
• Ability to effectively use e-learning and multi-media authoring tools to create interactive and engaging training content.
• Demonstrated success in collaboration with others and independent thought.
• Demonstrated ability to lead without direct authority.
• Superior customer service orientation with strong follow-up skills and attention to detail.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal communication and influence skills.
• Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office, namely Word and PowerPoint.
• Fluency to read, write, speak, and understand French and English is required.
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position. If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 20,000 employees within 110 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 86% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer – all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.Apply Now