For 75 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
As a Laboratory Assistant for our Pharmacy team located at the Senneville site, you will ensure the cleanliness and orderliness of all work areas, maintenance, and calibration of laboratory equipment, and ensure that the laboratory and preparation rooms have sufficient product inventory.
In this role, responsibilities may include:
- Maintain laboratory facilities, clean glassware, and manage waste in accordance with Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Maintain supply of commonly used materials (gloves, masks, tubes, etc.).
- Maintain, check and calibrate certain laboratory equipment (e.g. baths, pipettes, pH meters, etc.)
- Help technical staff according to operational needs
If you have the following qualifications, we will train you for the rest:
- Have a high school diploma
- Be comfortable with physical work and be able to move a load of up to 11.5 kg (25 lbs)
- be motivated and autonomous
- Understanding of English is mandatory. Bilingualism in French and English is preferred.
Role Specific Information:
- Location: Sennevile (Shuttle service between Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue train station and John Abbott College and Senneville site), Free parking.
- Salary: 16.25$/hr.
- Premiums: weekends (2.75$/hrs).
- Schedule: Weekday schedule, Monday to Friday, available between 06:00 and 17:15. Available to work weekends.
- Permanent position as of the hiring, full time 37.5hrs per week.
Why Charles River?
- Competitive hiring benefits. We pay up to 85% of premiums (medical and dental coverage).
- Paid developmental training
- Employee and family assistance program
- 24/7 access to a physician and various health care professionals (telemedicine)
- 3 weeks’ Vacation & 5 Personal day policy
- Numerous organized social activities
If you want to contribute to the well-being of our communities, not only across the country, but also around the world, join the team, IT’S YOUR MOMENT!
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 300 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 20,000 employees within 110 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 86% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer – all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.Apply Now