BioVectra Inc. is a leading bio-science business in Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia, focused on contract manufacturing and product development of active pharmaceutical ingredients, pharmaceutical intermediates, and bioreagents.
BioVectra Inc. has an opening for a Lab Technician. This is a 16 month Term position located in Prince Edward Island, Canada
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Executing lab productions with minimal supervision.
- Operating manual, electronic, or computerized laboratory process equipment and cleaning equipment and work areas.
- Maintaining the laboratory, ordering raw materials and laboratory supplies.
- Calibrating and maintaining laboratory equipment.
- Assisting scientists in development and optimization of chemical processes for pharmaceutical products.
- Assisting scientists in executing small or large lab scale experiments and purification of small molecules and polymers using a variety of techniques.
- Performing in-process tests: reaction sampling and submission, TLC analysis, NMR analysis.
- Assisting scientists during process transfer from laboratory scale to production scale.
- Assisting in writing Batch Production Records, cGMP protocols, work instructions and experimental work progress reports.
- Following the company’s quality standard (quality management system procedures and cGMP regulations).
- Providing equipment training to new employees and, or summer students if needed.
- Complying with approved safety practices for the laboratory facility.
The successful candidate for this position should have:
- College diploma in Chemistry
- B.Sc. Chemistry an asset.
- Experience at standard organic synthesis and purification techniques. Knowledgeable in the interpretation of analytical data: NMR, IR, MS, TLC, HPLC.
- Industry experience in synthetic organic chemistry an asset.
Closing Date: August 26th, 2019Apply Now