Department: Sales RD & RBD Canada
About Sanofi Specialty Care
Sanofi’s specialty care business unit focuses on rare diseases, rare blood disorders, neurology, immunology, and oncology. Sanofi’s ambition is to leverage science and innovation to improve people’s lives and be the industry leader in immunology and oncology. Its approach is shaped by a long history of developing highly specialized treatments and forging close relationships with physician and patient communities.
At Sanofi, we chase the miracles of science to improve people’s lives. We believe our cutting-edge science and manufacturing, fueled by data and digital technologies, have the potential to transform the practice of medicine, turning the impossible into possible for millions of people.
The Rare Diseases Key Account Manager (KAM) will achieve or exceed sales targets for assigned brands within the Rare franchise. Reporting to the National Business Manager, this position will be responsible for promoting our therapies to assigned customers.. Engagement with customers will be a combination of in-person and virtual meetings. The KAM must be highly skilled in communication and very comfortable operating in a digital environment and presenting virtually. Furthermore, the KAM will be comfortable in an environment of continuous learning.
The KAM will maintain excellent relationships with the customers, effectively promote our therapies and help relevant specialties suspect, test, and refer patients with a potential rare disease. The KAM must have excellent product knowledge of our therapies, disease areas and selling skills. The KAM role will involve cooperation and collaboration cross functionally with Customer Marketing Leads, Brand Marketing Leads, Medical Science Liaisons, and other team members. Working within Sanofi’s regulatory and legal compliance guidelines, the role will be responsible for analyzing and identifying territory opportunities and associated strategies for growth, and best practice sharing with the team.
The KAM will also manage any administration duties such as writing monthly reports highlighting key activity, customer insights and competitive activity. All calls will be entered into the CRM tool on a timely basis. Expense reports and other administrative duties will be completed on a timely basis.
Further details of the requirements for this role are outlined below.
The candidate must be a highly self-motivated individual with a proven track record in sales of biotechnology or pharmaceutical products. The candidate will:
• Be responsible for achieving or exceeding sales targets for assigned brands within the Rare franchise.
• Collaborate and cooperate with fellow field members including, but not limited to, Customer Marketing Leads (CMLs) and Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs) to successfully execute the appropriate brand strategy.
• Be skilled in the use of diverse tactics/tools including digital resources to maximize customer engagement and gain product usage and advocacy.
• Consistently seeks new opportunities to compliantly drive sales results that meet unique needs of territory key accounts.
• Manage and monitor key accounts and develop strong relationships with key customers including but not limited to KOLs, treating physicians, nurses, genetic counsellors, hospital, and retail pharmacists.
• Understand each key account’s goals, the business drivers within each target account and advocates customer’s needs within Sanofi.
• Provide in-service training on product administration for healthcare teams who lack experience in infusing Sanofi products.
• Effortlessly recalls and appropriately discusses specific clinical data and leverages this data to influence customer thought processes to achieve better patient care.
• Maintains a comprehensive understanding of competitive products (data, studies, outcomes, and current promotional messaging).
• Understand the Canadian reimbursement landscape and economics of all assigned brands.
• Use CRM systems to prioritize call objectives based on customer segmentation, strategies/ tactics, realistic milestones, and previous interactions with customers.
• Identify and educate physicians on presenting signs and symptoms of patients including making a differential diagnosis in suspected patients (including utilizing enzyme via Dry Blood Spot (DBS) and genetic panels (Muscle, Cardiac) testing and referrals to expert centers for treatment as appropriate for assigned brands.
• Demonstrate the highest standards of conduct and adhere to all company policies and guidelines.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• MBA or graduate degree a plus.
• 3-5 years of successful direct sales or related experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry is required (Specialty or Rare sales experience) or highly regulated commercial environment.
• Excellent technical aptitude leveraging a variety of digital tools to support effective customer engagement and the ability to conduct consultative selling.
• Highly collaborative working style with strong aptitude towards working transversally within and across teams.
• Demonstrate superb written, verbal and presentation skills. Ability to use word processing, spreadsheets, databases, email, presentation, and territory management software and embrace new technologies to improve customer experience and outcomes.
• Highly competent in using CRM tools to plan, organize, manage and analyze their performance.
• Strong Leadership (in the absence of authority).
• Excellent collaboration, problem solving and negotiation skills.
• Strong written and oral communication and facilitation skills.
• Proven ability to collaborate, influence and drive change in a matrix environment.
• Ability to think strategically and integrate MCE and digital into daily initiatives.
• Experience leveraging data and insights to inform strategies and optimize plans.
• Effective organizational skills.
• Dynamic self-starter and forward thinker.
• Highly adaptive and engaging communicator.
• Demonstrated aptitude and use of virtual engagement strategies to develop strong customer engagement.
• A strong willingness to keep up to date with new, rapidly changing digital marketing technologies.
• Ability to travel as per territory requirements. (estimated at 30%-40%).
• Strong knowledge and proficiency in the use of various virtual engagement platforms (including, but not limited to, VEEVA Engage, Zoom, MS Teams).
• English level required: Excellent knowledge.
• Up to 40% of the time with occasional weekend travel. Field-based role where the individual must live within their defined region.
Drive the vehicle using safe driving practices, while complying with all current applicable laws and regulations, as well as all Sanofi directives.
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
Watch our ALL IN video and check out our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion actions at sanofi.com!
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Follow Sanofi on Twitter: @SanofiCanada and on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sanofi
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.Apply Now