Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics, initially focused on the treatment of cancer. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
Zymeworks is seeking a Scientific Systems Informatics Analyst, who will be working on developing data pipelines and modeling experimental workflows, as well as managing and maintaining quality control of experimental and biological data in Scientific Data Systems and helping the users by creating data extraction and visualization tools.
- Develops tools for Zymeworks’ scientific data system’s integrations, and visualization of many forms of data including scientific R&D data.
- Participates in requirement analysis with our scientific R&D teams to understand the experimental data being produced, provides proposals to organize and formalize the data from these experiments, and works on developing tools to store this data in the system.
- Use multiple system API’s to extract and transform data to a standard format to be used by scientific staff/end users.
- Create workflows and visual dashboard for presentation of a variety of data.
- Manages and organizes the storage of our biological data (protein products, antibodies, small molecules, other molecular entities) in the LIMS/ELN/Inventory, along with associated metadata.
- Performs daily administrative tasks such as data administration and access control of the scientific software systems.
- Works with our in-house lab scientists, and external Contract Research Organizations to develop, document, and enforce standard operating procedures and protocols for our experiments and the associated data upload and management procedures.
- Works with the vendors and in-house scientific and software teams to implement and support best practices and optimal utilization of the informatics and data management resources.
- Documents and trains scientific staff/end users on best practices and compliance policies related to the scientific data system and data handling.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ related experience working with data management software in the biopharmaceutical industry or similar data management software or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemistry or equivalent experience.
- Working experience with programming languages (Python, C/C++, Java, Perl).
- Working experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Spotfire).
- Basic knowledge of databases like SQL, PostgreSQL.
- Working knowledge of ELN / LIMS / Molecule Registration systems.
- Demonstrated experience with Information Technology standards and practices such as Change Management, SDLC, ITIL.
- Strong drive to work in data management including capturing, refining, annotating, characterizing, and storing data.
- Self-starter, team player, problem solver who is highly flexible and responsive to evolving project needs.
- Familiarity with using different API tools.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Additional Experience Considered an Asset
- Familiarity with proteins, protein expression and purification methods is an asset, as well as basic knowledge of experiments like mass spectroscopy, DSC, SPR, FACS, ELISA or other cell-based assays.
- Experience in negotiating software requirements within and across research departments and translating those requirements to software solutions.
- Experience in the capture and management of high throughput experimental data.
- Experience working with / building ETL tools and familiarity with data warehousing concepts.
Why Work for Us?
Innovation. Act with Integrity. Collaboration. Care
We come from many countries, cultures, races, ethnicities, abilities and nationalities. We bring our passions including singing, biking, swimming, dancing cooking, volunteering, parenting, coaching and much more! We are proud of our nearly equal balance of men and women and strengthened by our non-binary and transgender team members. Every employee belongs.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at https://zymeworks.bamboohr.com/jobs/.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: Zymeworks values our relationships with our Recruitment Partners. We will only accept resumes from those partners whom have been contracted by a member of our Human Resources team to collaborate with us. Zymeworks is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received without contract.Apply Now