For 75 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
As a HVAC you will be responsible for supporting the process by performing diagnostics, preventive maintenance and repairs to all site equipment.
In this role, primary responsibilities include:
- Respond to internal calls relating to temperature and pressure issues in production rooms.
- Perform inspections and preventive maintenance tasks on utility equipment.
- Check the operating conditions of the equipment, carry out the maintenance and the necessary adjustments.
- Investigate the cause of breakdowns, take corrective measures and make the necessary repairs.
- Maintain buildings, water filtration systems, boilers, autoclaves, security systems, generator monitoring and all other tasks used to maintain the integrity of our production rooms. (White room)
- Order the material necessary for the maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Clean the devices as needed.
We are looking for the following minimum qualifications for this role:
- Good sense of observation
- Diploma of Vocational Studies (DEP) in Refrigeration
- Basic computer skills.
- Fluent in French.
- Valid driver’s license
Role Specific Information:
- Available to be on call 24/24 one week out of 3 with bonus and be able to be on site in 30 minutes.
- Location: St-Constant / Free parking
- Salary: starting at $30.00/hrs per hour for 5 years of experience as a technician. Competitive / skills-based.
- Bonus for being on call $$
- Schedule from 7 to 4 Monday to Thursday and 7 to noon on Friday.
- Depending on business needs, you may have to work overtime.
- Available to be on call 24/24 one week out of 3 with bonus and to be on site in 30 minutes.
- Permanent position upon hiring, full time at 37.5hrs per week
- Clothing and tools provided.
Why Charles River?
- Competitive advantages upon hiring. We pay up to 90% of the premiums (medical & dental coverage)
- Paid development trainings
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Access to a doctor and various health professionals at all times (telemedicine)
- Vacation and Personal Days Policy
If you are interested in contributing to the well-being of our communities, not only across the country but around the world, please join us, THIS IS YOUR MOMENT!
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position. If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 20,000 employees within 110 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 86% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer – all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.Apply Now