For 75 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Health and Safety Specialist located in Laval. This role will also support our Boisbriand & Terrebonne sites and will have the opportunity to work from home a few days a week.
In this role, primary responsibilities include:
- Be a mobilizing agent of change, provide interactive and practical leadership to ensure the transformation of the H & S culture;
- Participate in the standardization of programs and procedures by ensuring compliance with the laws, norms and standards of local government authorities and corporate directives;
- Collaborate in the development and delivery of H & S training for staff in the region;
- Assist in the development of H & S communications and presentations;
- Support the incident investigation and analysis process in order to identify root causes, corrective actions and follow-ups;
- Carry out / participate in risk analyses, recommend appropriate risk mitigation measures and ensure the implementation of safe work methods (hands-on / ground-up approach);
- Participate in the Health & Safety committees/governances;
- File the different reports and provide statistics and performance results on health and safety;
- Improve the level of excellence and performance of the site’s H & S programs;
- Perform any other related tasks, as assigned.
We are looking for the following minimum qualifications for this role
- A minimum 5-10 years of relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree or Certificate in Health and Safety or any other relevant field (knowledge of industrial hygiene an asset);
- An equivalent combination of education and experience can be considered as an acceptable substitute for specific education and experience as listed above;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, self-control, tact, diplomacy, teamwork and collaborative spirit;
- Autonomy and attention to detail;
- Bilingual (English & French, Written & Spoken).
Role Specific Information:
- Location: Laval (Main office) Boisbriand & Terrebonne (When needed)
- Schedule: Monday to Friday, Hybrid
Why Charles River?
- Competitive benefits as of the hiring. We pay up to 85% of premiums (health & dental coverage);
- Paid development training;
- Employee and family assistance program;
- Access to a doctor and various health professionals (telemedicine);
- 4 weeks’ Vacation & 10 Personal day policy;
- Many social activities.
If you are interested in contributing to the well-being of our communities, not only across the country but around the world, please join us, THIS IS YOUR MOMENT!
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 300 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 20,000 employees within 110 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 86% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer – all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.Apply Now