We are an innovative global healthcare company, driven by one purpose: we chase the miracles of science to improve people’s lives. Our team, across some 100 countries, is dedicated to transforming the practice of medicine by working to turn the impossible into the possible. We provide potentially life-changing treatment options and life-saving vaccine protection to millions of people globally, while putting sustainability and social responsibility at the center of our ambitions.
Sanofi has recently embarked into a vast and ambitious digital transformation program. A cornerstone of this roadmap is the acceleration of its data transformation and of the adoption of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) solutions, to accelerate R&D, manufacturing and commercial performance and bring better drugs and vaccines to patients faster, to improve health and save lives.
Who You Are:
You are a dynamic data scientist interested in challenging the status quo to ensure development and impact of Sanofi’s AI solutions for the patients of tomorrow. You are an influencer and leader who has deployed AI/ML solutions applying state-of-the art algorithms with technically robust lifecycle management. You have a keen eye for improvement opportunities and a demonstrated ability to deliver AI/ML solutions while working across different technologies and in a cross-functional environment.
Our vision for digital, data analytics and AI
Join us on our journey in enabling Sanofi’s Digital Transformation through becoming an AI-first organization. This means:
AI Factory – Versatile Teams Operating in Cross Functional Pods: Utilizing digital and data resources to develop AI products, bringing data management, AI and product development skills to products, programs and projects to create an agile, fulfilling and meaningful work environment.
Leading Edge Tech Stack: Experience build products that will be deployed globally on a leading-edge tech stack.
World Class Mentorship and Training: Working with renowned leaders and academics in machine learning to further develop your skillsets
There are multiple vacancies across our Digital profiles and NA region. Further assessments will be completed to determine specific function and level of hired candidates.
• Apply data science expertise in machine learning, statistics, text-mining/NLP, forecasting and optimization to multiple analytics projects.
• Build models, algorithms, simulations, and experiments by writing highly optimized code and using state-of-the art machine learning technologies.
• Work on full-spectrum of activities, from conducting ML experiments to delivering production-ready models.
• Use data analysis, visualization, storytelling, and data technologies to scope, define and deliver AI-based data products.
• Work with developers, engineers, and MLOps to deliver AI/ML solutions.
Key Functional Requirements & Qualifications:
• Expertise of Knowledge Graph concepts (e.g. URI, RDF, SHACL) and graph data analytics
• Experience of designing and implementing graph data models
• Hands-on AI/ML modeling experience of complex datasets combined with strong understanding of theoretical foundations of AI/ML.
• Expertise within most of the following areas: supervised learning, unsupervised learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning, federated learning, time series forecasting, Bayesian statistics, optimization
• Experience developing deployable code and deploying models in product-focused development under an agile environment
• Comfortable working in cloud and high-performance computing environments (e.g. AWS, GCP, Databricks, Apache Spark)
• Experience in production-ready software development
• Excellent written and verbal communication, business analysis, data visualization and data storytelling skills
• A demonstrated ability to work and collaborate in a team environment
• Nice to have: Experience in life sciences and healthcare and experience in a complex global organization
Key Technical Requirements & Qualifications:
• PhD in mathematics, computer science, engineering, physics, statistics, economics, or a related quantitative discipline with strong coding skills, OR Master’s Degree in relevant domain with 4+ years of analytical experience
• Expertise with core data science languages (such as Python, R, Scala), and familiarity with different database systems (e.g. SQL, NoSQL)
• Expertise in working with graph databases/graph frameworks (AWS Neptune, Neo4j) using graph query languages (e.g. SPARQL , Gremlin, OpenCypher)
• Disciplined software development (CI/CD, Orchestration)
• Experience with various enterprise-level Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
• Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
The Fine Print:
CAN EEO Language
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Follow Sanofi on Twitter: @SanofiCanada and on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sanofi.
US Vaccine Mandate
As a healthcare company and a vaccine manufacturer, Sanofi has an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of your job responsibilities.
US EEO Statement
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.Apply Now