For 75 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
As the General Manager for our Senneville, Quebec location (1325 employees) your role will be to ensure integrated site operations and participate with senior Safety Assessment (SA) management and other General Managers to formulate current and long-range plans, objectives, and policies, fully manage site budget and provide exceptional leadership to ensure a site that provides a safe and engaging environment for its employees.
In this role, primary responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership in the overall management and performance of the site.
- Foster effective communication and identify problems in overall site operations. Develop and implement effective solutions for resolving operational issues.
- Develop, implement and manage a program that will continually review processes to ensure that they are efficient and maximize the use of all applicable resources focusing on quality execution.
- Work with other senior managers to identify new business opportunities for internal or external development. Present site and overall CRL capabilities to potential new clients.
- Manage site operations budget and maintain clear cost controls (including capital investments).
- Contribute to the development of major business proposals for key clients and represent the site and company as required.
- Ensure that policies, practices, and procedures adhere to all applicable governing regulatory agencies and GLP guidelines.
- Attain assigned and targeted site KPIs (including room utilization, DLU etc.).
- Monitor performance of direct reports and conduct performance appraisals and provide regular coaching and counseling.
- Oversee the development of departmental plans for backup and succession of key departmental personnel for subordinate departments.
- Ensure that positive employee relations & engagement are maintained.
- Responsible for ensuring client expectations are met and issues involving study execution, quality or reporting are resolved in a way that maximizes client satisfaction.
- Serve as the executive leader and liaison for site expansion projects. Represent the site to government, regulatory agencies, local, state and federal officials, industry groups, key customers and the general public as required.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
We are looking for the following minimum qualifications for this role:
- Master’s Degree, M.B.A, and/or Ph.D. in scientific or business- related discipline.
- 8-10 years related management experience in research or pharmaceutical environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Understanding of governmental regulations and guidelines applicable to the care and use of laboratory animals.
- Knowledge of GLP regulations and other FDA regulations applicable to non-clinical testing programs.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) in French and English.
- Leadership and negotiation skills.
- Solid people and listening skills, approachability, and ability to interact with all levels of employees while supporting the efforts of departmental teams.
Why Charles River?
- Competitive benefits as of first day of employment. We pay up to 85% of premiums (health & dental coverage).
- Employee and family assistance program.
- Access to a doctor and various health professionals (telemedicine).
- 4 weeks’ vacation & 10 personal day policy.
- Eligible to our bonus & stock options plans.
If you are interested in contributing to the well-being of our communities, not only across the country but around the world, please join us, THIS IS YOUR MOMENT!
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 300 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 20,000 employees within 110 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 86% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer – all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected]. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.Apply Now