For 75 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
As a General Maintenance Technician for our maintenance team located in Laval, you will be responsible for assisting the Facilities Supervisor in maintaining the Charles River facilities, property, plumbing, mechanical and electrical appliances, building security and alarm system.
In this role, key responsibilities may include:
- Maintain, repair, weld and keep an inventory of cages;
- Ensure the overall cleanliness of the building, the workshop, all mechanical rooms and related equipment;
- Ensure building maintenance, i.e. washrooms, lighting, painting and other general tasks;
- Follow all related Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Complete appropriate documentation associated with duties;
- Ensure all tasks pertaining to building maintenance are performed in accordance with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP), whenever required;
- Ensure wastage within the company is reduced to a minimum;
- Ensure expenditures are only as necessary and as cost effective as possible
- Maximize the utilization of all resources;
- Manage time effectively;
- Substitute and/or assist department colleagues;
- Perform any other reasonable tasks that may be required.
We are looking for the following minimum qualifications for this role:
- High School Diploma in a relevant field or equivalent
- Experience in building maintenance
- Knowledge of preventive maintenance software is an asset
- Working knowledge of related computer applications
- Experience in a pharmaceutical environment
- French is mandatory, reading of English is required
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work under time constraints and adapt to change
- Flexibility to work on changing work schedules
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of tungsten inert gas welding is an asset
- Location: Laval/ Free parking
- Schedule: Monday to Friday with possibility of overtime
- Permanent full-time position upon hire
- Benefits upon hiring
Why Charles River?
- Competitive benefits as of the hiring. We pay up to 85% of premiums (health & dental coverage)
- Paid development training
- Employee and family assistance program
- Access to a doctor and various health professionals (telemedicine)
- Vacation & Personal day policy
- Many social activities
If you are interested in contributing to the well-being of our communities, not only across the country but around the world, please join us, THIS IS YOUR MOMENT!
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 300 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 20,000 employees within 110 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 86% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer – all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected]. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.Apply Now