At Charles River, we are passionate about improving the quality of people’s lives. When you join our global family, you will help create healthier lives for millions of patients and their families.
Charles River employees are innovative thinkers, who are dedicated to continuous learning and improvement. We will empower you with the resources you need to grow and develop in your career.
As a Charles River employee, you will be part of an industry-leading, customer-focused company at the forefront of drug development. Your skills will play a key role in bringing life-saving therapies to market faster through simpler, quicker, and more digitalized processes. Whether you are in lab operations, finance, IT, sales, or another area, when you work at Charles River, you will be the difference every day for patients across the globe.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
We are currently looking for an HVAC Technician on our St-Constant site.
As an HVAC Technician, you will be responsible for supporting the production process by performing diagnostics, preventative maintenance, and repairs on all site equipment.
- Respond to internal calls relating to temperature and pressure issues in production rooms.
- Perform inspections and preventive maintenance tasks on utility equipment. (HVAC, compressed air compressor, vacuum system, exhaust fan)
- Check the operating conditions of the equipment, carry out the necessary maintenance and adjustments.
- Find the cause of the breakdowns, take corrective measures and carry out the necessary repairs.
- Maintain buildings, water filtration systems, boilers, autoclaves, security systems, generator monitoring and all other tasks used to maintain the integrity of our production rooms. (White room)
- Order the equipment necessary for the maintenance and repairs of the equipment.
- Clean the devices as needed.
We are looking for an autonomous, versatile and responsible person. Able to diagnose electrical and / or refrigeration problems to complete our team of 4 technicians.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Available to work 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays, holidays when on call and to work overtime when required.
- Basic computer skills.
- Speaks French fluently.
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience as an HVAC refrigeration engineer and / or experience as an electrician with basic knowledge and understanding of building mechanics technology, construction and electrical and control devices.
- 2 or 3 year diploma in electrical and / or refrigeration technology.
- Certificate of qualification issued by Emploi Québec for refrigeration pipefitter and / or C license outside construction.
Available to be on call 24/24 one week out of 3 with premium and be able to be on site in 30 minutes, so must live near St-Constant.
- From $ 30 per hour for 5 years of experience as a technician.
- Competitive / according to skills.
- Permanent day job, 37 hours/ week.
- Hours from 7 to 4, Monday to Thursday and 7 to noon on Friday.
- Bonus for being on call $$.
- Clothing and tools provided.
- Competitive social advantage: dental, medicine and paramedical.
- Employer participation in the RRSP.
- 5 days sick leave payable if not used.
- Weeks of vacation.
The advantages of working for Charles River:
- Minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Paid sick / personal days
- Paid overtime
- Shift premiums
- Paid uniform
- Competitive benefits starting from day one (health and dental coverage)
- Access to a savings and retirement program including an employer contribution
- Free, unlimited, and confidential access to health care professionals for you and your family, through telemedicine app
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee Activities
- Volunteering Program (paid day)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Relocation assistance
- Career advancement opportunities and training
- A recognition program
- Positive Company Values & Culture
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position. If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.Apply Now