Reference No. R2655955
Department: Sanofi Genzyme Canada
About Genzyme, a Sanofi Company
Sanofi Genzyme has pioneered the development and delivery of transformative therapies for patients affected by rare and debilitating diseases for over 30 years. We accomplish our goals through world-class research and with the compassion and commitment of our employees. With a focus on rare diseases and multiple sclerosis, we are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of the patients and families we serve. That goal guides and inspires us every day. Sanofi Genzyme’s portfolio of transformative therapies, which are marketed in countries around the world, represents groundbreaking and life-saving advances in medicine. As a Sanofi company, Sanofi Genzyme benefits from the reach and resources of one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies, with a shared commitment to improving the lives of patients. Learn more at www.sanofigenzyme.com.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions. With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
• Dupixent is a monoclonal antibody targeting Type 2 inflammatory diseases by blocking IL 4 and IL 13 cytokines. These cytokines play a key role in many atopic and allergic diseases such as Atopic Dermatitis (AD), Asthma, Nasal Polyps, Eosinophilic Esophagitis, and other dermatologic and respiratory diseases.
• DUPIXENT® is jointly developed by Sanofi and Regeneron under a global collaboration agreement and the Dermatology and Respiratory indications serve as anchors for this product which is referred to as a “pipeline in a product”, due to the many indications that are approved or are being studied.
• Dupixent makes a significant impact on the lives of many Canadians suffering with type 2 inflammatory diseases and requires top talent in the company to shepherd the success of this priority asset.
• Reporting to the Canadian General Manager, Sanofi Specialty Care Business Unit, this position will be a key member of the Canadian Sanofi Specialty care leadership team and the leader of the Dupixent franchise. The position will be responsible for developing and executing on a comprehensive commercial strategy designed to ensure Canadian patients have access to our therapies and services.
• The individual will work in close collaboration locally with cross functional strategic partners in medical, market access, public affairs, BO&S and Communications, with the Global Dupixent team and our partner Regeneron. Direct reports to this role will include sales and marketing functions.
• Lead the strategic direction, development and management of the Canadian Dupixent franchise, achieving and exceeding targeted business goals.
• Effectively collaborate and communicate with Alliance partner and leadership.
• Lead the brand development and execution for current Dupixent indications and prepare for future ones.
• Provide strategic and authentic leadership to the franchise and brand teams and ensure the development of the team members to maximize their capabilities and benefit the business.
• Ensure talent identification & development within organization and succession planning.
• Ensure the day to day management of all aspects of the franchise through the appropriate individuals, and ensure the achievement of net sales, operating expense and profitability goals.
• Forge strong relationships with treating physicians, other healthcare providers, key stakeholders and ensure engagement with patient and industry associations working in collaboration with the public affairs team.
• Responsible for ensuring franchise P&L on target vs budget including accurate planning, forecasting, budget setting and OPEX management to meet the company BOI targets.
• As a member of the Sanofi Specialty Care Canada Leadership Team, contribute to the strategic- development and operational efficiencies of the Canadian Sanofi Specialty Care business.
• Ensure all practices are underpinned by current research and/or evidence that is focused on improving the lives of patients.
• Foster a culture of innovation and collaboration with internal cross functional (e.g. medical, market access, public affairs, regulatory, PV etc) and external stakeholders.
• Identify areas for improvement (e.g. simplification of processes, people development, sharing and innovation and additional business or organizational opportunities).
• Embody science driven and patient focused culture and actively demonstrate company values of integrity, courage, respect and teamwork.
• Act as a sponsor and ally for inclusion and diversity in all elements of our business.
• Comply with all forms of legal and statutory regulation within domain of responsibility, including compliance with applicable SOPs, industry codes of practice and best practices and actively support and promote a compliance culture and safe environment throughout the organization.
• Demonstrates commitment, leadership and continuous support for the Road Safety Program and their working environment and assure compliance with this program for drivers under their supervision.
• Show support for the protection of health, safety and the environment by presenting exemplary behavior and by contributing to the HSE objectives achievement.
• BA/BSc Degree preferably in life sciences, or alternatively a business degree backed by successful career in sales/ business development in Pharma/ Biotech/ Healthcare.
• Advanced degree (MBA, MS, PhD, etc) highly preferred.
• Minimum of 15 years successful commercial track record in the pharma / biotech sector.
• Strong sales/marketing experience moving into wider commercial/general management/business unit responsibility particularly in the specialty care sector.
• At least 10 years of people management in a matrix environment.
• Excellent knowledge of the Canadian healthcare sector with strong personal network.
• Proven experience in building successful teams.
• Strong financial acumen and prior P&L responsibility.
• Previous experience in specialty care including monoclonal antibodies or biologics is highly desirable.
• Ability to influence, drive and manage innovation.
• Prioritize Outcomes over Activity.
• Looks at what is best for our patients and customers in any solutions.
• Focus on solution-oriented approach, challenge status-quo to maximize outcomes.
• Cooperates readily with others’ objectives and shares information openly and proactively.
• Consistent, positive response to innovation, growth and the need for change.
• Sees the “big picture”; reads emerging trends and patterns very effectively
• Demonstrates strategic agility.
• Strong and authentic leader, able to define strategic direction and embark the team to deliver goals.
• Excellent communication skills, active listener, high level of self-awareness, open to feedback.
• Builds strong, diverse and effective teams and fosters an environment of inclusion.
• Capable of thriving in dynamic and matrix environment with hands on approach.
• French: An asset
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Sanofi, Empowering Life
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.Apply Now