Numinus Bioscience is a licensed laboratory located in British Columbia. It is one of the largest research facilities in Western Canada and a global leader in psychedelic research. Its purpose is to research and develop psychedelic formulations and methods, led by a team of specialized scientists using state-of-the-art equipment. Numinus Bioscience holds a Controlled Drugs and Substances license issued by Health Canada, through which it works with a range of psychedelic substances, including DMT, ketamine, LSD, MDMA, mescaline, psilocybin, psilocin.
As a center of innovations in psychedelics research we have several research projects suited to CO-OP students and are looking to place a student for the fall in the formulation research division of the laboratory. The focus will be the research and development for a formulated product derived from fungal materials. Ideal candidates will have an interest in downstream processing, manufacturing, formulation development and/or pharmaceutical research. The successful applicant will be working as a team member, learning methods, and using standard techniques as well as state of the systems. The advertised position is in the center of an interdisciplinary environment with researchers from various backgrounds including pharmacology, phytochemistry, microbiology and advanced mass spectrometry, allowing for direct interaction with chemistry, biology, and instrumental analytics. This position is ideal for a student with core competencies from the field chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacognosy, phytochemistry, biochemical engineering or food science who is seeking to take part in the acceleration psychedelic initiatives.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Assist in proof-of-concept experimental design and implementation using state of the art technologies and instrumentation.
- Work on assays for chemical analysis and matrix effects of naturally derived psychedelic pre-drug, drug substances and finished products.
- Data analysis of results from experiments and derivation of concluding results.
- Day to day activities related to processing of raw materials, extraction, and formulation.
- Other activities as required
WHO YOU ARE,
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacology, ethnobotany or related degree.
- Enrolled in a CO-OP program in a Canadian Institution.
- Laboratory experience an asset, specifically general laboratory techniques such as pipetting and solution preparation an asset.
At Numinus, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and accessible work environment. We welcome and celebrate differences because we believe a multitude of perspectives fosters innovation and will help us achieve our ultimate purpose of delivering the highest quality outcomes to the people we serve. Our culture is one of belonging in which each person is accepted and valued for their individuality. As such, if you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know so we can work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all of those who take the time to apply; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.