The Food Centre is seeking an individual with a post-secondary degree in food science and/or worked in the agri-food related industry for minimum of 2 years. If you are a self-motivated individual with problem solving skills, a desire to learn and create new products – this is the right job for you. The Food Product Development Specialist will be part of our team of professionals assisting in the development of a variety of new food products and processes for the food industry with the following responsibilities:
- reading and writing technical project reports
- applying new food technology and commercial ingredients in developing new food products
- using problem solving skills to approach projects
- product quality laboratory testing
- reviewing client labels and familiar with food regulations
- providing support for scale up production of new products
- understand food safety
- basic knowledge of food preparation equipment
The individual should possess strong organizational and communication skills, attention to detail and familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel.
The applicant should be self-motivated with a desire to learn and work as a team. Preference will be given to individuals with experience in food processing and product development. Experience in the food industry is an asset.
Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.Apply Now