Role Type: Contract
Duration: 6 months starting October 15
Hours: (Full time) 37.5 Hours
Position Description: This position was created through a partnership between LifeSciences BC and BioTalent Canada. The successful candidate will be the lead staff person on the first annual LifeSciences BC Job Fair presented by BioTalent Canada and will also head up talent and career initiatives across the province. This position will report directly to Ryan Butt, Senior Manager, Events & Outreach at LifeSciences BC with a dotted-line report to Siobhan Williams, Director, Marketing & Communications at BioTalent Canada.
Organization Background: LifeSciences BC is a non-profit, industry association which supports and represents the life science community of British Columbia through leadership, enabling investment and promotion of our world-class life sciences sector. We undertake numerous initiatives including; local, national and international partnerships helping to facilitate investment and global partnering opportunities while nurturing the economic development in B.C. through the bio-economy.
BioTalent Canada™ is the HR partner of and a catalyst for growth in Canada’s bio-economy. Our engagement with employers, associations, post-secondary institutions, immigrant serving agencies and service providers has built a dynamic network that is strengthening skills, connecting job-ready talent to industry and creating opportunities.
Team: LifeSciences BC is made up of a team of five people that work together across a broad spectrum of projects that involves government, the educational sector and industry with the goal of building a strong Life Sciences ecosystem in BC.
- Organize the LSBC/BioTalent Canada job fair in mid January with 15-20 companies participating
- Promote the job fair to a wide variety of stakeholders including but not limited to: universities, colleges, SME’s, individuals looking for or changing employment and local non profits
- Update the LSBC job board with current job postings
- Promote BioTalent Canada programs to key stakeholders and report back on progress and lead generation on uptake
- On site logistical support for LSBC events
- Provide resources for all career development inquires
- Other duties as assigned
- University or College degree/certificate, specializing in Communications, Marketing or equivalent in experience;
- Between 2-3 years experience in event coordination
- Proficiency in standard computer applications
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Be able to work flexible hours throughout the week depending on events schedule
- Strong communication, presentation and networking skills
- Ability to understand program funding requirements and explain them to interested companies
- Attention to detail in event planning
- Ability to multi-task and work on several projects throughout the workday
- Be a self starter and take the initiative on various projects
- Coordinate event logistics with venue and participating companies
Competitive salary package (Based on experience)
If you are interested in applying for this role please send your resume and cover letter to:
Peter McLoughlin, Coordinator, Sponsorship & Business Development at firstname.lastname@example.org