Job Description Summary
Malachite Management Inc., part of the STEMCELL Group of Companies, provides association and conference management services to non-profit associations around the world. Malachite’s vision is to connect with every health science professional in the world, our mission is to accelerate the health sciences, and our core values can be summed up in three words: integrity, inspiration, ingenuity. The Malachite team is passionate about success and knows that our company’s most valuable asset is our team. If you are a driven professional who shares Malachite’s core values, we want to hear from you.
The Event Coordinator will be responsible for providing support on the day-to-day meeting coordination and general meeting details for all of Malachite’s association and conference clients.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the Director, Conferences & Events on association and conference clients to:
- Determine room assignments and optimize delegate flow
- Determine the audio visual requirements for the meeting
- Support, manage and coordinate all requirements from sponsors for symposia, focus groups, tutorials, etc.
- Manage food and beverage requirements for all conference events
- Act as the primary liaison with venue staff and oversee all onsite activities, including registration desk, meeting rooms, social events, etc. for smaller events
- Provide post-conference services such as appropriate financial reporting, statistical reporting, and conference evaluation summaries etc.
- May be assigned a client conference to plan and execute, from start to finish, with supervision
- Some travel to on site conferences (20-30 days/year)
- Provide project support to the Director, Conferences & Events:
- Once sponsors and exhibitors have been confirmed by Association staff, contact, confirm, and service conference sponsors and exhibitors throughout conference
- Prepare appropriate conference and event signage
- Manage rooming lists and hotel reservations for speakers, sponsors, board members and other delegates as determined by the association
- Arrange shipping of conference materials to the show site
- Other job-specific responsibilities as required
- General team responsibilities:
- Provide the highest standard of service to all Malachite clients
- Participate in and contribute to Malachite corporate planning events, including regular staff meetings and strategic planning events
- Contribute ideas and support initiatives to reach corporate goals
- Working with the Director to set and attain individual goals that align with corporate goals
- Support the entire Malachite team in day-to-day operations by providing vacation coverage for colleagues, share knowledge and experience, train new employees, provide assistance beyond the range of normal job duties at busy times (e.g. during conferences), etc.
- Other general team responsibilities as required
- Post-secondary degree or diploma, preferably in hospitality, business, science or another area relevant to the areas of focus for Malachite’s clients, or equivalent work experience
- 1 to 2 years of relevant experience in a coordination role
- Meeting or event planning support experience an asset
- Strong interpersonal and client service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer service oriented
- Thrive in multi-tasking, multi-party and deadline-driven environments
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Highly organized
- Detail oriented
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!Apply Now