Job Description Summary
The Equipment Assistant within the Facilities department is responsible for providing administrative and coordination support to the Equipment team. Working closely with the Equipment Coordinator, this role assists in the administration and management of the Equipment Management program, encompassing the manufacturing and laboratory equipment at STEMCELL’s. This role is based in Vancouver and reports to the Program Manager, Calibration.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing and maintaining equipment documents and records.
- Organizing and maintaining the physical equipment folders and the filing system.
- Coordinating the induction of new equipment into the Equipment Program and the equipment database.
- Managing database entries/updates for laboratory, manufacturing, and R&D equipment.
- Creating and maintaining equipment tracking spreadsheets.
- Providing Super-user support for the electronic purchase requisitions system within the Equipment team.
- Coordinating the shipping and receiving of equipment received from end-users for offsite service.
- Assisting with the preparation of quality documents and reports.
- Assisting with the preparation of yearly audits by ensuring all scanned documents and hard copies are accurate and filed accordingly.
- Assisting with coordinating tasks as needed for scheduling internal and external servicing of laboratory equipment.
- Serving as a backing up for Equipment Coordinator when required.
- Scan, upload, file, and review equipment records.
- Organize and ship equipment files for off-site storage.
- Print equipment labels and/or tags and forward them to end-users.
- Coordinate the collection of equipment for multiple sites for calibration/maintenance activities.
- Package and prepare equipment for shipping, including creating the shipping requests and filling out the shipping documents.
- Accurately enter data into the Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Coordinate service events with vendors and end-users via email or phone.
- Assist with sending calendar invitations and reminders for scheduled equipment services events and follow-up with equipment user groups to meet the established equipment event due dates.
- Gather quotes and generate purchase requisitions.
- Read and follow all SOP’s and policies in regards to the management of equipment within an ISO/GMP environment.
- Take accurate meeting minutes of internal and external meetings and perform good record keeping of the minutes.
- Provide backup for reception services as required.
- Perform all work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Post high school diploma, preferably a technical diploma or Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 2-4 years of administrative experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and database management.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) both in one-on-one and in group settings.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills accompanied by good judgment in order to prioritize, multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced work environment.
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy with data entry and organizing files.
- Energetic and enthusiastic personality with good interpersonal skills both in person and over the phone.
- Customer-focused mindset with strong interpersonal skills.
- Team orientated – ‘one-team’ behavior is a
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!Apply Now