At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and is embedded in our Core Values. We respect the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our employees, patients and customers.
We are looking for: Energy Saving Engineer – VIE Contract (W/M)
Target start date: 1/2/2022
The Energy Saving Engineer administers and executes a comprehensive utility management program for the entire facility. Functional areas of responsibility include energy (Electricity, Natural Gas and alternative fuel), water, compressed air, chilled water, steam and condensate, waste water and irrigation water. Also provides strategic plan for energy usage, measurement and conservation and develops utility master plan within the Toronto site. The incumbent is responsible for developing appropriate solutions in the utility area to satisfy the needs of internal customers in accordance with company guidelines and procedures, and within budget and schedule commitments. The incumbent is accountable for producing a concept and then implementing the concept into design and execution according to Sanofi best practices.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates and directs the utility management program. Develops and implements short and long-range utility management goals and objectives. Recommends policies and procedures for effective, efficient, and economical operations
- Develops utility usage (measuring) related to building heating/cooling, steam usage and condensate reclaim, electrical usage, efficient irrigation practices, reclaimed water, and potable water conservation. Coordinates implementation of the utility management program within all buildings. Studies and analyzes utilization of utilities and conducts energy audits at each facility. Maintains utility consumption records and computerized database for all facilities. Compiles, reviews, and analyzes utility data. Prepares reports relating to utility management operations and program performance. Regularly disseminates utility consumption reports, conservation methods, and results to administrators and management
- Studies and analyzes utilization of utilities and conducts energy audits on site. Maintains utility consumption records and computerized database for all facilities. Compiles, reviews, and analyzes utility data. Prepares reports relating to utility management operations and program performance. Collaborates with the Maintenance and Operations for implementing measures to reduce utility usage and improve efficiency. Provides staff training and makes regular inspection of facilities for implementation of utility management measures. Promotes renewable energy and water resources whenever appropriate. Coordinates and manages energy partnerships with local, state and federal agencies
- Participates in renovation and new construction projects concerning the design of tools & support facilities to ensure maximum resource efficiency and sustainable building practices. Ensures that air conditioning conversion projects provide the most cost effective design and construction. Optimizes the use of centralized energy & water control systems. Applies lessons learned from other sites to help with trouble shooting, design issues and testing specifics. Responsible of understanding site specific standards and procedures
- Participates in global networks. Contributes lessons learned to the network. Participates in global initiatives when requested. Understands current global design guidelines and application in all utility aspect with a goal in optimal energy usage and conservation of the same
Key “MUST HAVE” competencies, skills & experiences
- Education: Engineering degree/diploma, major in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred
- Experience and knowledge: first relevant professional experience in energy &/or utility management, environmental services; knowledgeable about strategies for improving utility usage efficiency and concepts related to high performance facilities in energy area; working knowledge of equipment typically supporting biotech and vaccine manufacturing facilities is a must; understand the relationship between Good Manufacturing Practices, industry standards and their application to the manufacturing process
- Soft skills: strong analytical skills (engineering analysis); hands-on troubleshooting skills; demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with internal and external team members as well as with other engineers, design professionals, contractors, vendors and regulatory agencies; proven expertise in organizing, analyzing, interpreting and evaluating relevant data; creative problem solving skills
- IT tools: MS Office; ability to utilize AutoCAD, analysis software and company quality system software
- Languages: fluent English & French
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.Apply Now