Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics, initially focused on the treatment of cancer. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
About the Position
Join our growing People team at Zymeworks! As a champion of Zymeworks’ culture and values, you will contribute both strategically and hands-on as a Contract Diversity and Inclusion Recruiter.
This position will report to the Director, Talent Acquisition and will be based in Seattle, WA.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition team and internal partners to plan and implement diverse recruitment activities and initiatives.
- Identify best-in-class process for diversity-focused recruitment conferences, events, and meetings to identify top talent.
- Collaborate on development of an outreach strategy, identifying key universities and organizations with which to align and engage.
- Build and manage partnerships with external organizations and universities
- Manage and track all recruiting event and university metrics, consolidating and analyzing results to inform recommendations for improvements and ensure hiring goals are achieved
- Partner with Talent Acquisition team to design and execute sourcing initiatives that create customized recruiting strategies by pipeline; proactively build a pipeline of high caliber, diverse, and well-qualified talent; and work collaboratively with our team to roll out sourcing initiatives
- Work with the Talent Acquisition team, HRBPs, and hiring managers to increase awareness of and remove bias in the recruitment process, including but not limited to job descriptions and ads, interview, and offers.
- Utilize all available sources including LinkedIn, professional associations, universities, conferences and other industry events, and social media to identify opportunities for engagement with underrepresented communities and identify high potential candidates to engage pipeline.
Qualifications and Education
- Bachelor’s degree or May be substituted with 5 years minimum related experience in a diversity program management and/or recruiting role.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience in diversity recruitment
- Ability to lead corporate participation at recruiting conferences, conventions, and targeted recruiting events, including diversity related events
- Willingness and ability to work outside of traditional business hours as needed, including some evenings and weekends.
- Proven ability to build and leverage a well-developed network of diverse talent pools (organizations, associations, etc.), and resources.
- Experience building and nurturing productive diversity partnerships with talent providers, community organizations, professional associations, etc. Including development and implementation of diversity sourcing strategies and engagement.
- Demonstrated experience successfully building and deploying diversity talent acquisition strategies.
- Highly developed relationship management and consulting skills; including the ability to build relationships, establish credibility with all levels within the organization.
- Outstanding communication, presentation, storytelling, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong facilitation, consensus-building, and listening skills.
- Prior experience utilizing applicant tracking systems required
- Ability to travel up to 25% (Universities, Conferences, etc.), as identified.
Why work for us?
Innovation. Act with Integrity. Collaboration. Care
We come from many countries, cultures, races, ethnicities, abilities and nationalities. We bring our passions including singing, biking, swimming, dancing cooking, volunteering, parenting, coaching and much more! We are proud of our nearly equal balance of men and women and strengthened by our non-binary and transgender team members. Every employee belongs.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at https://zymeworks.bamboohr.com/jobs/.Apply Now