Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics, initially focused on the treatment of cancer. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
Zymeworks is seeking a highly-motivated professional who is looking to grow their career with our company.
Zymeworks is looking for a Director-level Search & Evaluation professional to identify, scientifically evaluate and coordinate due diligence of external innovation partners to enable and accelerate the development of pipeline candidates and platform technologies.
This position will report to the Vice President, Global Search and External Scientific Strategy. This is a remote opportunity and we are looking for a candidate based in the East Coast, US.
- Build and cultivate relationships within the external innovation community including pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, venture capital groups as well as academic institutions and other relevant scientific organizations.
- Establish an internal network with senior leaders to understand the internal discovery, clinical and technology portfolio and to identify and prioritize high-value external assets, disruptive innovation and opportunities for future partnerships
- Maintains open and proactive lines of communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Represents the company at scientific, investor and partnering conferences.
- Mapping of the external competitive landscape for platforms of growth that could change treatment paradigms.
- Work with Business Development & Alliance Management, Finance and Legal colleagues to determine and implement business strategy in various forms such as licensing, acquisition, collaborations, co-development agreements and strategic alliances.
- Ensures regular and proactive communication. Monitors, tracks and reports scientific/ business/program status to key stakeholders including senior management.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ph.D. and/or M.D. in a discipline to biotech / pharmaceutical drug discovery and development; and a minimum of 10 years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience with strong publication record
- Strengths in oncology, immune-oncology, and immunology scientific disciplines
- A strong understanding of pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry, drug development process and trends, competitor landscape and business strategy preferred.
- Strong stakeholder management and networking skills
- Outstanding skills in competitive analysis and opportunity identification.
- Demonstrated high level of integrity and ethics.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to influence senior leaders and clearly articular strategic objectives.
Why work for us?
Innovation. Act with Integrity. Collaboration. Care
We come from many countries, cultures, races, ethnicities, abilities and nationalities. We bring our passions including singing, biking, swimming, dancing, cooking, volunteering, parenting, coaching and much more! We are proud of our nearly equal balance of men and women and strengthened by our non-binary and transgender team members. Every employee belongs.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at https://zymeworks.bamboohr.com/jobs/.Apply Now