Reference No. R2672955
Department: Customer Service & Sales Operations
Sanofi Pasteur: The world’s leading vaccine company
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines. Our driving goal is to protect people from infectious diseases by creating safe and effective vaccines. Our company distributes more than 1 billion doses of vaccine each year, making it possible to vaccinate more than 500 million people across the globe. Sanofi Pasteur offers the broadest range of vaccines in the world, providing protection against 20 bacterial and viral diseases.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions. With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
This position will lead the non-promoted product portfolio including PPH and Sole Source products, provide strategic pricing recommendations to Commercial Operations for tenders and commercial agreements. In this role, the individual will lead a cross-functional local team in pre-market development planning for all new vaccine candidates representing new therapeutic areas for Sanofi Vaccines in Canada. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring tracking updates to and compliance with internal commercial policies and procedures, maintenance of SAP key transactions/pricing conditions as well as renewing private market pricing offers as deemed necessary.
• This role is responsible for the development and execution of pricing strategies as related to private market annual increases and development of pre-launch pricing recommendations for new vaccine candidates. Working with cross-functional stakeholders, they will lead the preparation and finalization of pricing strategies related to B2B purchase agreements based on the annual Commercial Policy and price lists as well as processing of rebates, credits and price adjustments as required.
• In addition, they will have responsibility for preparing the biannual pricing reports which are submitted to the Patented Medicines Price Review Board and the monthly report to Statistics Canada on prices for products manufactured in Canada.
Non-Promote and New Products Management (30%):
• The incumbent is accountable for achieving the annual budget for products within their non-promote product portfolio by working with the Sales to ensure the rolling forecasts accurately reflect true demand and liaising with Supply Chain and Global Franchise to ensure ongoing product availability including annual business plan development for allocation of constraint product and production phasing, pricing strategy and tender responses.
• In this role, the individual will lead a cross-functional local team in pre-market planning for all new vaccine candidates including development of a pre-launch assessments and initial forecasts for the Canadian market. The individual will liaise with global and regional launch teams to provide local insight and ensure alignment of local and global objectives, secure necessary prioritization and resources to ensure successful pre-market development and optimization of launch success. Facilitate transition of new vaccine candidates to the Marketing team 24 months pre-launch.
Tender Management Co-ordination (20%)
• The incumbent will be responsible for scheduling timelines for preparation and submission of all responses to Federal and Provincial Requests for Proposal (RFP) regardless of product category including meeting coordination with cross-functional participants, local and global pricing, legal, ComOps (Marketing and Sales); preparation and signoff of the Tender Management Review template per global guidance and policy. The individual will maintain the Tender Management System with timely updates bases on received tenders and associated results. Update the RFP calendar and provide quarterly updates on performance, timing and process.
Internal Controls (15%)
• Responsible for maintaining accurate documentation of processes and procedures within the Business Operations team including all necessary compliance reports and central storage of approved SOPs and Process notes, this individual will lead the internal controls process and testing for Pricing and Tenders. As Controls lead for Business Operations, they will liaise with BU and group compliance leads from Business Ethics and Controls to ensure alignment and the represent Sanofi Vaccines on any internal audits and or compliance projects as required.
Context of the job/Major challenges:
The incumbent must be well organized and capable of handling multiple priorities, while delivering a high level of strategic and portfolio management. The work requires attention to detail and accuracy as the output of this position (strategies, forecasts and recommendations) is viewed by all levels of management.
The accountabilities for this position are country specific and in addition to working within the Commercial Operations function; there will be cross functional work with Finance and Supply Chain, Medical and Marketing.
• Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Finance and or Health Sciences
• MBA considered an asset but not a requirement
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in strategy/business development/marketing management positions in the health sciences
• Knowledge of SAP transactions and reporting
• Track record of success in project management, finance and P&L management
• Vaccines/biological therapies experience is an asset but not a requirement
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
Watch our ALL IN video and check out our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion actions at sanofi.com!
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.Apply Now