We are an innovative global healthcare company, driven by one purpose: we chase the miracles of science to improve people’s lives. Our team, across some 100 countries, is dedicated to transforming the practice of medicine by working to turn the impossible into the possible. We provide potentially life-changing treatment options and life-saving vaccine protection to millions of people globally, while putting sustainability and social responsibility at the center of our ambitions.
Our vision for digital, data analytics and AI
Sanofi has recently embarked into a vast and ambitious digital transformation program. A cornerstone of this roadmap is the acceleration of its data transformation and of the adoption of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) solutions. This has enabled us, to accelerate R&D, improve manufacturing and commercial performance, and bring novel drugs and vaccines to patients faster, all in order to improve health and save lives.
The Digital Team at Sanofi is a unique data-driven team. We pride ourselves on being data obsessed and highly focused on using state of the art processes along with global technologies to drive impact to our solutions. We measure our insights and products based on how they preform across the globe and hold ourselves to the highest regard as our solutions can impact millions of lives. When tackling a problem, we do not just ask how we will create a solution, but how we will create a solution that reaches across the world with the best possible societal outcome.
If you are passionate about improving the health and wellness of people across the globe using Data as your means, then you should look no farther than the Digital Team here at Sanofi. Join us on our journey in enabling Sanofi’s Digital Transformation through becoming an AI first organization. This means:
• AI Factory – Versatile Teams Operating in Cross Functional Pods: Utilizing digital and data resources to develop AI products, bringing data management, AI and product development skills to products, programs and projects to create an agile, fulfilling and meaningful work environment.
• Leading Edge Tech Stack: Experience build products that will be deployed globally on a leading-edge tech stack.
• World Class Mentorship and Training: Working with renowned, published leaders and academics in machine learning to further develop your skillsets
Location: The Sanofi Digital Data Team uses a hybrid working model combining remote and office-based work. The Canada Digital Data Hub offices will be located in the greater downtown area of Toronto.
The data engineer will play a pivotal role in building and operationalizing the minimally inclusive data necessary for the enterprise data and analytics initiatives following industry standard practices and tools. The bulk of the data engineer’s work would be in building, managing and optimizing data pipelines and then moving these data pipelines effectively into production for key data and analytics consumers like business/data analysts, data scientists or any persona that needs curated data for data and analytics use cases across the enterprise.
Data engineers also need to guarantee compliance with data governance and data security requirements while creating, improving and operationalizing these integrated and reusable data pipelines. This would enable faster data access, integrated data reuse and vastly improved time-to-solution for data and analytics initiatives. The data engineer will be measured on their ability to integrate analytics and (or) data science results with business processes.
The data engineer will be the key interface in operationalizing data and analytics on behalf of the business unit(s) and organizational outcomes.
• Manage data pipelines consist of a series of stages through which data flows (for example, from data sources or endpoints of acquisition to integration to consumption for specific use cases). These data pipelines must be created, maintained and optimized as workloads move from development to production for specific use cases. Architecting, creating and maintaining data pipelines will be the primary responsibility of the data engineer.
• The data engineer will be responsible for using innovative and modern tools, techniques and architectures to partially or completely automate the most-common, repeatable and tedious data preparation and integration tasks in order to minimize manual and error-prone processes and improve productivity. The data engineer will also need to assist with renovating the data management infrastructure to drive automation in data integration and management.
• Learning and using modern data preparation, integration and AI-enabled metadata management tools and techniques.
• Tracking data consumption patterns.
• Performing intelligent sampling and caching.
• Monitoring schema changes.
• Recommending — or sometimes even automating — existing and future integration flows.
• The data engineer will need strong collaboration skills in order to work with varied stakeholders within the organization. In particular, the data engineer will work in close relationship with data science teams and with business (data) analysts in refining their data requirements for various data and analytics initiatives and their data consumption requirements.
• The data engineer should be curious and knowledgeable about new data initiatives and how to address them. This includes applying their data and/or domain understanding in addressing new data requirements. They will also be responsible for proposing appropriate (and innovative) data ingestion, preparation, integration and operationalization techniques in optimally addressing these data requirements. The data engineer will be required to train counterparts such as [data scientists, data analysts, LOB users or any data consumers] in these data pipelining and preparation techniques, which make it easier for them to integrate and consume the data they need for their own use cases.
• It will be the responsibility of the data engineer to ensure that the data users and consumers use the data provisioned to them responsibly through data governance and compliance initiatives. Data engineers should work with data governance teams (and information stewards within these teams) and participate in vetting and promoting content created in the business and by data scientists to the curated data catalog for governed reuse.
• The data engineer will be considered a blend of data and analytics “evangelist,” “data guru” and “fixer.” This role will promote the available data and analytics capabilities and expertise to business unit leaders and educate them in leveraging these capabilities in achieving their business goals.
• BS or MS in Computer Science.
• At least 5 years experiences in a data team as Data Engineer.
• Experience in a healthcare industry is a strong plus.
• Knowledge of AWS.
• Knowledge of Azure or GCP is a plus.
• Orchestration: Airflow.
• Project management & support: JIRA projects & service desk, Confluence, Teams.
• Expert in ELT and ETL such as Informatica IICS, Databricks, Delta, Glue, …
• Expert in Relational database technologies and concepts.
• Perform SQL queries.
• Create database models.
• Maintain and improve queries performance.
• Snowflake is a plus.
• Working knowledge of Python and familiar with other scripting languages.
• Good knowledge of cloud computing.
• Pragmatic and capable of solving complex issues.
• Ability to understand business needs.
• Good communication.
• Push innovative solutions.
• Service-oriented, flexible & team player.
• Self-motivated, take initiative.
• Attention to detail & technical intuition.
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Sanofi, Empowering Life
#GD-SP #LI-SP #DBBCA
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.Apply Now