Job Description Summary
The Data Analyst, Operations is responsible for analyzing and trending operational data that will identify opportunities for increasing process efficiencies and the optimal use of organizational resources. This role is an integral part of the Operations Data Analytics team, requiring a combination of technical skills and business acumen to work with both business stakeholders and IS Technical team members in the translation of data and requirements to create meaningful reports. This role reports to the Senior Business Analyst, Operations
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct measurement and reporting on the performance of various operational departmental processes against set indicators
- Works with a broad range of business stakeholders to define business data models and reporting requirements for new informatics initiatives, including performance measurement and reporting
- Perform complex data analysis that requires critical thinking and report development activities
- Contributes to the development of the Business Intelligence strategy via critical assessment of emerging data management technologies and gaining a deep understanding of STEMCELL’s business processes and tools.
- Design and implement report templates using a variety of tools, including the ability to develop scripts for those tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related discipline.
- Experience with business intelligence reporting tools — Business Objects (BOBJ) or SAP Analytical Cloud preferred.
- Experience with data visualization and reporting software. Familiarity with Microsoft Access a plus.
- Experience writing SQL statements for Oracle and MS-SQL.
- Familiar with ERP and manufacturing systems – SAP preferred
- Familiar with issue tracking systems – JIRA preferred
- Experience defining data strategy, identifying requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures and implementing practical business solutions under multiple deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, verbal/written communication, organization and customer service skills
- Able to efficiently prioritize work and timely inform stakeholders on the progress
- Analytically minded and methodical problem solver
- A good team player, flexible, shares knowledge, helps others, collaborates well within and outside the team
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!Apply Now