Job Description Summary
The Customer Master Data Specialist position reports to the Manager, Master Data Management and is responsible for customer data across all STEMCELL systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Define & implement customer data management methodologies that support STEMCELL’s strategy around customer growth and retention.
- Own the team responsible for new customer onboarding, data maintenance, quality assurance, corporate & reporting hierarchy management, and change control.
- Partner with Marketing, Sales Operations, Customer Service, Finance & IT teams to define the data lifecycle of the customer at STEMCELL and deploy effective data acquisition, integration, management & mastering methodologies
- Define and lead data improvement programs used to advance content management operations
- Establish a workflow based service request process to document and implement data management tasks
- Define and deploy performance based metrics scorecards across the customer data operations pipeline to identify process risks and efficiency opportunities
- Work closely with data quality, metadata and lineage services to ensure conformance of content to enterprise data content, sourcing, and distribution standards
- Provide coaching and mentorship to Marketing, Sales Operations, Customer Service to improve operational excellence
- Maintain & catalog structured content intake, management and distribution processes
- Collaborate with IT to deploy appropriate tools & processes to support data entry, de-duplication, and mastering.
- Implement training and education program for customer data consumers to build balanced understanding and use of customer content
- Ensure compliance with internal data policies and external regulatory requirements
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience in Data Scientist/Operations
- Master level functional depth of customer, master data in S/4
- Experience working with enterprise platforms such as SFDC, and SQL Server strongly preferred
- S/4 data architecture and data modeling experience
- SAP Information Steward architect and data quality leadership and implementation experience
- Data cleansing implementation experience
- Experience defining systems strategy, developing systems requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures and implementing practical business solutions under multiple deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, verbal/written communication, organization and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and simultaneously manage multiple projects, priorities and deadlines; outstanding project management and time management skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and G Suite applications
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!Apply Now