***PanTHERA CryoSolutions is posting this BioAlberta WIL-funded position for current students. Please apply only if you meet the following criteria:
- an Alberta resident, enrolled as a full-time or part-time student at an Alberta post-secondary institution and continuing their education the following term; defined as a “current student” (student must provide proof of enrolment)
- studying in fields related to life science, or fields that can be applied to life science (eg. business)
- under 30 years of age
- a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a person to whom refugee protection has been conferred; and, legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations. International students are not eligible are not eligible for this funding.
PanTHERA CryoSolutions is a company that specializes in developing novel cryoprotectants for the preservation of cell and tissue constructs for regenerative medicine and cellular therapy applications. Our patented ice recrystallization inhibitor (IRI) technology exceeds our competitors’ products by providing superior cryoprotection which increases cell recovery and product quality for our customers.
We are proud of our passionate, high-performance culture – one based on a set of values that are the cornerstone of who we are and how we hold ourselves accountable. Founded in 2018, we are headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta and operate our chemical synthesis and manufacturing facility in Ottawa, Ontario. We offer a collaborative and highly innovative work environment founded upon scientific excellence.
Cryobiologist Summer Intern
We are seeking a dedicated and dynamic individual to fill a 16 week full-time summer internship position that will join our cell and tissue cryobiology team in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Work as a part of an interdisciplinary team to develop and optimize ice recrystallization inhibitor-based cryopreservation products.
- Supports the execution of bench-scale laboratory experimentation to develop and evaluate the safety and efficacy of solutions and methods for the cryopreservation of mammalian and nonmammalian cell systems.
- Assists in the processing and analysis of data
- Helps in the writing of technical documents including project work plans, product design documents, and standard operating procedures
- Contributes to operation and preventive maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Maintains detailed records of all experiments performed.
- Presents and communicates experimental results effectively
- Works effectively in teams with diverse cultural and professional backgrounds
- Ensures project deliverables are met on time.
Because we’re partially funding this position with a wage subsidy the following are absolute requirements:
- It must be a student enrolled as a full-time or part-time student at a post-secondary education institution in Alberta in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) program. The student needs to be able to provide proof of enrolment before and after the summer internship.
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or persons to whom refugee protection has been conferred who is legally able to work in Alberta according to the laws and regulations of the province
- Student must be under 30 years old
Skills & Qualifications:
- A self-motivated team player who is highly enthusiastic about working in the biotechnology industry.
- Prior biology laboratory working experience required.
- Students currently in their 3rd year of undergraduate studies with prior working experience are preferred.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Experience working as part of a team would be preferred.
- Able to work independently.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Statement
PanTHERA CryoSolutions is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
How to Apply
To apply to this position, please send a cover letter and your CV to [email protected].
We thank all applicants, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.Apply Now