Job ID: R0006210
Date posted: 11/06/2023
Would others describe you as a master of creative vision, with a natural ability to inspire and lead teams in a variety of creative disciplines?
STEMCELL is seeking a leader ready to guide our in-house Creative Services department to bring brand and marketing collateral to life. Reporting to the Director, Brand and Scientific Communications, you will have an intimate understanding of the STEMCELL Group of Companies’ position, direction, goals, and audiences as they relate to visual brand and marketing, and the ability to align and direct all design elements to deliver a superior and effective visual brand identity.
The Creative Director must exhibit confidence, competency, and comfort working in situations of ambiguity, with high capacity to adapt to change as well as an exceptional ability to distill multiple perspectives and complex ideas into clear creative strategies.
If you’re ready for a challenging role with a purpose-driven organization focused on helping provide products and services to advance life sciences research, we can’t wait to hear from you.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with multidisciplinary project teams to determine and execute the creative direction and visual identity of the brand and marketing collateral for the STEMCELL Group of Companies’ brands
- Ensure exceptional quality creative output and brand consistency across all deliverables, such as marketing graphics, social media presence, conference exhibits, UX, photography, and videography
- Lead and implement processes and technologies for managing a high volume of creative projects and an extensive assets catalog
- Lead a large team of creative individuals as a manager of managers
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Post-secondary certificate or diploma in a related field such as Graphic Design or Fine Arts with 15+ years experience in creative design, including 5+ years experience managing large creative teams
- Expert understanding of brand strategy and visual brand identity
- Expert visual communication skills, a keen eye for composition, and impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent understanding of and the ability to provide directional guidance for graphic design, UX, photography, 3D modeling, animation, audio, and video production
- Exceptional collaboration and consultation skills, including giving and receiving effective feedback at the individual and team levels
#United #LI-Hybrid #LI-TB1
STEMCELL Technologies is a privately owned, Vancouver-based biotechnology company that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Driven by our love of science and passion for quality, we are a company of Scientists Helping Scientists—standing by our customers to provide the outstanding products, technical support, and training they need to advance their research. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine, and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, accessory products, and services. Through our many regional offices, as well as our distribution centers in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble, and Singapore, we deliver our innovative, specialized products to more than 100 countries. With over 2300 employees globally, most with scientific or engineering degrees, STEMCELL is proud to be the largest biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
The annual base salary for this job ranges from:
$115,120.00 – $172,700.00
STEMCELL determines an individual’s pay within the range based on multiple factors including experience, education, job-related skills, and equity within the team or organization. For jobs that are eligible for sales incentives, the range noted above is inclusive of target incentives; actual incentives are based on individual performance results in accordance with company policy. In addition to base salary, STEMCELL offers a comprehensive total rewards package including health benefits, retirement savings, and more.
NOTE: STEMCELL’s vaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including boosters), as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders, unless an exemption from this policy is approved through our accommodation request process.Apply Now