Canada Remote Worker
The Emmes Company, LLC (“Emmes) is a global, full-service Clinical Research Organization dedicated to excellence in supporting the advancement of public health and biopharmaceutical innovation. We believe in the power of truth, so much so that we named our company Emmes, which means truth. Through decades of experience we have learned that collaborative relationships thrive and human health benefits when truth is our compass.
Our “Character Achieves Results” culture is driven by five key values that guide our actions in the way we conduct research and distinguish us as an organization: Integrity, Agility, Passion for Excellence, Collaborative Partnerships and Intellectual Curiosity. We are a trusted partner to clients who share our passion for improving public health in a world of ever-changing scientific research.
If you share our motivations and passion in research, come join us! You will be joining a collaborative culture that empowers every Emmes employee — from entry level through top executive — to contribute to our clients’ success by sharing ideas openly and honestly.
The Clinical Data Manager is responsible for data management activities for research studies. The Clinical Data Manager works as an integral part of a cross-functional team through the lifecycle of the research study from design through final analysis and study closeout. The Clinical Data Manager is responsible for the completeness and accuracy of the study data in the electronic database and collaborates with internal and external project teams on all aspects of data collection.
- Participates with cross-functional teams in design, documentation, testing, and implementation of clinical data collection studies in an electronic data capture (EDC) system
- Designs and/or develops study-specific electronic or paper Case Report Forms (CRFs), ensuring consistency with study protocol, clinical requirements, and accurate and efficient data collection
- Collaborates with the project team and other study personnel to determine data collection requirements based on the study protocol and system knowledge
- Documents and resolves data management issues for a protocol or group of protocols
- Assists with communication for internal and external teams to resolve data management issues
- Creates or reviews data validation check specifications
- Coordinates with relevant parties in the development and testing of eCRF and data validation checks
- Help organize project team meetings and facilitate efficient project communication to ensure deadlines are met, participate in functional group meetings
- Creates and maintains study data management documents according to instructions(e.g. Data Management Handbook, Data Management Plan, Data Validation Plan, EDC System User’s Guide, EDC Training and Certification Documents)
- Prepares data reports and assists with data presentations as applicable
- Reviews data obtained through Electronic Medical Records (EMR) integration, commercially available EDC systems, or other external data sources
- Mentors assigned employees on data management procedures and guidelines
- Identifies and resolves data queries and discrepancies. Contributes to data quality metrics for a protocol or project
- Conducts training for users on the EDC system and protocol specific EDC requirements, maintains training documentation and manages system user access
- Bachelor’s degree required with study concentration in a scientific discipline preferred
- 2+ years of experience in data management and/or database design; experience in a clinical research setting is a plus
- Knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint is essential
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time and to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and flexible
CONNECT WITH US!!
Follow us on Twitter – @EmmesCRO
Find us on LinkedIn – The Emmes Company, LLC
The Emmes Company, LLC is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.Apply Now