About Sanofi – www.sanofi.ca
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions. With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi entities in Canada include Sanofi Genzyme (Specialty Care), Sanofi Pasteur (Vaccines), General Medicines and Consumer Healthcare. Together we employ approximately 2,000 people. In 2019, we invested $131 million R&D in Canada, creating jobs, business and opportunity throughout the country.
The Country Category Buyer for Marketing and Sales is responsible for overseeing / supporting projects and purchasing processes for this spend category across the Specialty Care, General Medicines, and Vaccines Canada Business Units. Specifically, this category includes services related to Commercial and Sales Operations of the organization, such as: Communication Agency, Media Planning and Buying, Market Access, Print and Promotion, Marketing Research (primary and secondary).
Support of Digital and Professional Services Domain(s) in Canada
This includes activities such as, but not limited to, partnering with the internal business teams to support their objectives, assist with building project scopes, conduct Request for Proposal (RFP) processes, negotiate rate cards / discount schedules, and manage overall relationships with key suppliers. The Country Category Buyer will also oversee all supplier Master Service Agreements for this category, and monitor service levels accordingly, in addition to playing an active role in implementing category strategies in Canada, as well as ensuring ongoing compliance with operational standards/procedures and driving best practices.
His/her role will be to maximize value to the various businesses and activities within a leveraged collaboration with all operational business partners.
The supported businesses include Specialty Care, General Medicines and Vaccines commercial operations.
• Understands and supports the Global Procurement strategy for his/her category area; and effectively executing the deployment of it in Canada.
• Monitors compliance with the strategy, communicating key details/benefits, and making suggestions of how to optimize it for local conditions, etc.
• Promotes usage of preferred suppliers via specific advantages to internal customers.
• Contributes to setting and evaluating respective SLAs and KPIs related to preferred suppliers.
• Develops strong partnerships with his/her key internal customers , and foster two-way supportive relationships.
• Presents Procurement strategies to key internal customers for review and input.
• Performs a spend analysis and develops local sourcing plans to ensure customer satisfaction and best value.
• Attends key internal customer meetings to understand upcoming business needs and challenges, and share relevant Procurement data.
• Identifies at year end, the needs, key projects, and business objectives of internal customers for the following year.
• Develops collaborative relationships with preferred suppliers
• Builds forward looking & innovation roadmap with key suppliers.
• Ensures complete reporting on performances, risks, and opportunities, regarding engagement of a supplier for a project or concerning a key business decision.
• Provide accurate spend mapping for the category area.
• Enforces compliance to with existing contracts/MSAs.
• Ensures timely actions regarding contracts/MSAs as per their set expiration dates.
• Maintains comprehensive understanding of Procurement Policies/Processes related to Risk/CSR/Compliance, and ensures that these are adhered to by relevant team members.
• Identifies non-compliant processes and defines appropriate corrective measures.
• Stays informed on current industry trends and new market developments related to his/her category area.
• Undertakes benchmarking against other industries and best practices.
• Collaborates with colleagues across NA and other domains, in order to seek out synergy opportunities and inputs for improvements.
• Promotes a positive mindset within the NA Procurement community, ensuring proper communication and best practices sharing.
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited University
• Three+ years’ experience in Procurement, Marketing and Sales, or related field
• Knowledge of best in class Procurement techniques and processes
• Consistency of focus upon delivery of outcomes and results
• Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to utilize tools/systems accordingly
• Ability to work independently on multiple concurrent priorities/projects
• Defines and balances strategic priorities against immediate operational challenges
• Able to quickly assimilate new information/skills
• Readily adapts to new environment, processes, ways of working, etc.
• Willingness and ability to challenge the status quo
• Creativity in imagining new processes, innovative ideas, and solutions
• Possesses strong competency in partnering with various stakeholders to deliver successful outcomes
• Encourages collaboration within team and across other functions/groups
• Strong planning, problem-solving and responsive decision-making skills
• Strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
• Role model in compliance and ethics
• Actively seeks feedback to identify opportunities for improvement
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Follow Sanofi on Twitter: @SanofiCanada and on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sanofi.
Sanofi, Empowering Life
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.