For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking a Business Optimization Project Manager at our Sherbrooke site
The following are responsibilities related to the position:
- Responsible for developing, initiating and assuming leadership of selected business improvement projects that support operational excellence, growth and other key strategic initiatives.
- Identify process improvement opportunities impacting on revenue, costs and business risk. Focus on business performance that eliminates waste, improves customer experience, increases quality and optimizes financial results via the use of Lean Six Sigma methodologies.
- Lead individual site process improvement teams to solve key business issues and implement targeted solutions using Kaizen and DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) problem-solving methodologies, where appropriate.
- Perform process analysis on a wide variety of projects using six sigma methodologies.
- Conduct problem solving and analysis of data. Influence and effectively interact with all levels of the organization. Maintain projects on-time and manage expectations and risk.
- Mentor peers and middle management in the formulation and execution of process improvement projects. Teach local personnel to apply Lean and Six Sigma strategies and tools as necessary and appropriate.
- Network with experts at other sites and with other Black/Brown belts around the organization to establish and share best practices and templates for the benefit of the company.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- Education: AHT, Diploma
- Experience: 5 à 8 ans / +5-8 years
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Licensure: +Certified Six Sigma Brown Belt
- Demonstrates project management skills and ability to deliver results.
- Demonstrates ability to innovate and to effectively lead and communicate at all levels.
- Computer literate and proficient with basic Windows applications. Comfortable with mathematical and financial concepts.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 300 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.Apply Now