Sanofi Pasteur: The world’s leading vaccine company
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines. Our driving goal is to protect people from infectious diseases by creating safe and effective vaccines. Our company distributes more than 1 billion doses of vaccine each year, making it possible to vaccinate more than 500 million people across the globe. Sanofi Pasteur offers the broadest range of vaccines in the world, providing protection against 20 bacterial and viral diseases.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions. With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
SUMMARY OF PURPOSE/MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
Directly supervise and co-ordinate maintenance work groups by providing on-going leadership and performance feedback to efficiently and effectively maintain the site’s Infrastructure, Equipment, Systems and Building Services at a level that meets safety, regulatory compliance and/or applicable government guidelines and codes thus ensuring there is no loss of production or products.
- Manage the execution of the PM program on the site wide black & clean utilities, Refrigeration & HVAC units, site infrastructure, building systems & equipment (including R&D and other critical or support buildings). Supervise the trades personnel and the maintenance contractors to ensure the timely completion of assignments across the site and that the work completed complies with the “Best Maintenance Practices”, HSE and Quality policies and procedures. Review the work orders and close them in CMMS (SAP) once the maintenance work is completed and properly documented. (45%).
- Provide maintenance support to the APUs as needed. Communicate and consult with Production departments, TS teams, Quality and service contractors with regards to equipment and systems to support production schedule and reduce downtime (20%).
- Assist project and engineering teams with project planning and execution. Participate in the development /implementation of key documents (Project Plans, SOPs, Standards) by providing technical recommendations. (5%)
- Respond to site emergencies during off shift hours when acting as on-call maintenance manager and ensure that site issues are addressed in a timely and efficient manner (5%).
- Work closely with the Cost Control team and provide recommendations or support for cost savings initiatives as appropriate. (5%)
- Responsible for all Mechanical rooms, the Pest control program and site repairs (20%)
- Ensure safety of personnel and compliance with environmental, safety and health procedures relating to facility operations:
- Supervise and monitor compliance with employment and health and safety legislation to ensure that employees work within the policies, procedures and regulations applicable to their work.
- Participate in the investigation of incidents and work-related illnesses.
- Respond promptly to all health and safety concerns or incidents and completes the appropriate documentation in a timely manner.
- Take every reasonable precaution to ensure the health and safety of staff.
- Ensure that protective equipment and clothing required is used by staff (internal or external).
- Cooperate and assist the Joint Health and Safety Committee in carrying out its functions.
- Advise staff of any potential or actual health and safety hazard of which they are aware.
CONTEXT OF THE JOB/MAJOR CHALLENGES
Must have an understanding of related trades (i.e. Mechanical, Electrical, Refrigeration, Building Services, BMS etc.), equipment and systems and the various areas within the facility, from the biotechnical production areas to the related support functions within the mechanical rooms. Display good knowledge of cGMP Guidelines/Policies and compliance requirements, ability to prepare and monitor their maintenance budget and ability to manage individuals. Decisions made by the Maintenance manager have the potential to impact the business by interrupting GMP manufacturing processes and cause significant financial losses. During maintenance activities, Product SISPQ (Safety, Integrity, Strength, Purity and Quality) should always be the most important consideration.
- Formal 5 years apprenticeship program or related technical courses (Community College) with 6+ Building and Equipment Maintenance experience (at least 2 years Pharmaceutical & Bio-Pharma background is mandatory) or
- B. Sc. Mechanical or Chemical Engineering (at least 2 years Pharmaceutical & Bio-Pharma background is mandatory)
- Licensed Professional Engineer (Ontario) or Membership in Professional Association(s) related to this field (i.e.OACETT) preferred
- The individual should have worked with Maintenance personnel for at least 5 years in a supervisory position with increased levels of responsibility and have a good understanding of all trades, current maintenance best practices, GMP/GLP and common issues addressed by Maintenance.
- At least 2 years Pharmaceutical & Bio-Pharma background is mandatory.
- Process engineering experience is desired.
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.Apply Now