Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions. With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi entities in Canada include the Diabetes and Cardiovascular Care Business Unit, the General Medicines and Established Products Business Unit, Sanofi Pasteur (vaccines), Sanofi Genzyme (specialty care) and Sanofi Consumer Health. Together they employ close to 1,900 people. In 2015 Sanofi companies invested $133.3 million in R&D in Canada, creating jobs, business and opportunity throughout the country.
The role of the Brand Manager is to lead the development and execution of annual and long-term brand strategies and tactics for one of our key consumer health care brands, aligned to corporate strategy.
- Ensure alignment of the brand strategy and build strong internal partnerships with key CHC functions, including: Sales, Innovation, Quality, Regulatory, Medical, Finance, Supply & Communications.
- Collaborating with local, Global CHC and U.S. teams to assess and launch new products.
- Collaborate with pipeline specialist on brand innovation strategy.
- Fully grasp Canadian Market dynamics to contribute to CHC Canadian growth strategy, anticipation of new competitors, ongoing regulatory, legislative and retail market trends.
- Proactively identify key customer trends and insights by gathering and analyzing information to ensure fact based recommendations.
- Identify opportunities and issues and underlying causes by collecting, organizing and analyzing market, customer and competitive data to validate commercial assumptions and forecasts.
- Develop strong relationships with external category key opinion leaders, industry experts and retail customers to ensure plans are validated and optimized with customer insights.
- Lead local cross-functional teams to develop and execute annual integrated brand plans and achieve business objectives.
- Ability to drive all elements of the marketing mix, including: packaging development, advertising (digital: SEM, Social & Programmatic), marketing plan development / execution (public relations, consumer promotion, shopper marketing, agency management, new product development, HCP tools).
- Ensure alignment of new product innovation brand planning process within base business annual marketing plans and budget to achieve volume, profit and spending objectives.
- Responsible for brand P&L to optimize brand growth and profitability.
- Develop pricing, placement and packaging strategies to optimize margin and distribution.
- Provide a deep understanding of market dynamics (Nielsen, POS, Ipsos), consumer trends and retail environment. Conduct market review, competitive analysis and market research to identify key insights.
- Develop comprehensive brand strategies driven by a clear understanding of the market drivers and consumer insights.
- Develop, execute and monitor budget to meet annual and quarterly financial goals.
- Communicate the brand strategy and implementation plans to appropriate stakeholders.
- Provide input to LRP and annual brand planning and financial processes.
- Prioritize opportunities (key success factors and areas of focus), seeking out synergies and efficiencies in collaboration with trade marketing, sales and supply chain, develop demand forecasts and supply chain strategy.
- Lead budget forecasting assessment and make recommendations, assessing risk and revising assumptions.
- Responsible to develop and make commercial recommendations to address issues or opportunities in the market (i.e. mitigation or plus plans).
- Ensure coordination of activities related to promotional materiel project management.
- Other administrative duties as required.
- Participate in monthly S&OP to support by-sku forecasting efforts.
- University degree, Health Sciences or Business.
- MBA an asset.
- At least four (4) years of experience in Brand Management or a related position (ex: Retail or HCP sales experience, Category Management, Business Information and Research, Nielson data experience, Marketing coordination).
- Experience in CPG industry or Healthcare OTC marketing experience.
- Experience working on a global brand (an asset).
- New product launch experience (an asset).
- Technical marketing skills (segmentation, SWOT analyses, creation of competitive strategies, risk assessment).
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Successful development and implementation of a business plan and programs/tools.
- Customer-centric & Understanding of patient experience (end to end).
- Drive for results.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Creativity & innovation,.
- Facilitating change.
- Strategic thinking and decision-making.
- Business Acumen.
- Analytical skills – identify opportunities & leverage synergies.
- Project management and multi-tasking.
- Push to go beyond the level we have operated until now.
- Constantly challenge the status quo focusing on the priorities that will deliver the best outcomes and letting go what won’t: be intolerant to mediocracy, believe we can and must do better and aim at higher but never at the expenses of our values and judgment.
- Put the interest of the organization ahead of own of those of his her team.
- Consider both short and long term impact of decisions ; puts collective and global goals above individual or local goals; share resources and capabilities with those with the greatest need and impact; enable decision making at appropriate level.
- Act in the interest of our patients and customers.
- Actively engage with customers to know their current and future needs; brings an external perspective into decisions.
- Take action and don’t wait to be told what to do.
- Take smart and informed best bets with the information at hand and anticipate the consequences of her/his actions; use personal judgement and others’ advice to make bold and impactful decisions which move us forward.
- Role model our 4 values: teamwork, integrity, respect, courage.
- Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- French: Advanced – Excellent knowledge.
- English: Advanced – Excellent knowledge.
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.Apply Now