Sanofi launched a major digital transformation with a massive migration of existing infrastructure services to Microsoft Azure Cloud. The DevOps & Cloud Engineering team is composed of Cloud and DevOps experts in charge of the Azure Landing Zone, its design, evolution, and automation. With his/her strong general programming skills, the Azure cloud Engineer ensures the foundations and associated core services automated and can be operated using automation. He/She plays the role of enabler with other infrastructure/application teams helping on using Azure Landing Zone services.
The role aims at establishing a culture and environment where building, testing, and releasing Infrastructure as code can happen rapidly and frequently.
This person will be focused on designing and building complex technology solutions that help customers migrate existing capabilities and develop new capabilities in Azure.
- Provide environment and guidance to allow Operations to perform run activities without compromising code integrity.
- Develop plans and execute application and data migrations from on-premises data centers to Azure.
- Develop, implement, and deploy hybrid cloud and multi cloud solutions involving integration of Azure services with on-premises components and systems residing in other clouds.
- Create, manage, and support Azure landing zones.
- Deploy, provision, and manage multiple Azure infrastructure components including but not limited to virtual networks and subnets, virtual machines, applications, containers, serverless, storage, IAM services, virtual network appliances, VDI, logging, and monitoring.
- Migrate, deploy, and provision business applications and databases.
- Automate Azure deployment, provisioning, and management tasks with CI/CD pipelines (GitHub Action), Terraform and Ansible
- Perform regular management and administration tasks for all Azure services including upgrades, patching, backup, restore, troubleshooting, and issue remediation.
- Works with Cloud architects and Cloud Foundation team to define all the policies and best practices to interact with Azure Landing Zone
- Works with DevOps SMEs to leverage DevOps platform capabilities
- Support application teams to help interact with Landing zone
- Works with security and quality to ensure compliancy
- Works with SMEs (Network, AD, Security, Server, Storage..)
- Prior experience working with Azure cloud is a must; experience with working with AWS or GCP is a plus
- Demonstrated experience working with the multiple Azure services and technologies including but not limited to virtual machines and virtual machine scale sets, containers and AKS, App Service, Azure Functions, databases, Azure AD and AD DS, Azure Migrate, ASR, VPN Gateways, ExpressRoute, Load Balancers, Azure Storage, Azure Files, etc.
- Automation experience with PowerShell, Azure Resource Manager (ARM), Terraform, or Ansible
- strong general programming skills, along with knowledge of programming languages such as Python, GO, PHP, Bash
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows Server administration.
- Knowledge of hypervisor technologies like VMware vSphere/vCenter, Microsoft Hyper-V, or Nutanix Acropolis.
- Previous consulting experience in DevOps/Agile/Lean environment
- BS degree in Computer Science/related field or commensurate body of previous work
- 4+ years’ experience and professional Azure certifications
- Certified Azure Infrastructure engineers with minimum AZ-104/204 or 400 certification or more
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.