Job ID: 23149
AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are seeking a highly motivated Associate Scientist to join Analytical Development within the Process Analytics team at AbCellera.
In this capacity, the Associate Scientist will be responsible for assisting in establishing and running platform high throughput analytical methods in support of Process Development. This will include execution of methods such as size variant analysis, glycan analysis, charge heterogeneity, size variant analysis by R/NR-CE-SDS, HCP, HC DNA, and Residual Protein A quantitation to name a few. A solid foundation in analytical method execution, data analysis, and documentation (both in experimental data recording and report writing) will be of substantial benefit to achieving success in this position. Individuals with a meticulous eye for detail, solid technical experience, and an interest in leveraging automation for analytical efficiency will thrive in the role. We at AbCellera believe in the power of teamwork and will naturally be seeking out individuals who work well in a matrixed, team-focused environment.
This is a very exciting opportunity to join one of Canada’s most innovative biotech companies. We are breaking ground on new capabilities in Canada and this role will require the successful individual to roll up their sleeves and get stuck into building the analytical foundation in our rapidly emerging CMC organization. This is trail blazing work and will resonate with individuals who are inspired by ground-up builds, establishing new capabilities, and comfortable navigating through ambiguity. The role will offer numerous opportunities for growth and development as we seek to build this functionality at record pace.
How you might spend your days:
- Performing routine analyses of samples in support of Process Development through fulfillment of requests delivered through our ELN
- Running a variety of analytical techniques including LC, CE, iCIEF, UV-Vis, ELISA, and qPCR
- Identifying and implementing opportunities for lab efficiencies (Ex. automated documentation, data analysis, data reporting, etc)
- Aggregating and presenting analytical data to stakeholders across CMC teams and within Analytical Operations
- Researching and evaluating technological advances in the field of high throughput analytical techniques
- Managing an analytical request schedule; designing experimental plans that aggregate multiple requests to better deliver results in a timely manner
- Working with colleagues across Analytical Development to develop new methods with higher throughput and accuracy; performing method qualifications where and when appropriate
- Updating, innovating, and implementing new experimental protocols as necessary to improve productivity in Process Analytics
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A B.S. in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline with 2+ years experience or a master’s with 0-2 years of experience
- Experience working in areas of therapeutic protein analysis in either academia or the biotechnology
- A proven problem-solver and team player with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong data and time organization/management skills with attention to details
- Technical proficiency in separation based analytical method development and qualification including SEC, IEX, RP, HILIC, CE-SDS, SEC-MALS/QELS, and icIEF methods
- Familiarity with electronic lab notebooks, experimental data capture, electronic signatures
- Demonstrated ability to learn, understand and master new experimental techniques
- Ability to multitask and work within timelines
- Familiarity with analytical applications such as Empower, Softmax Pro, Compass, 32karat, and others would be advantageous
- Familiarity with CMC analytical development of monoclonal antibodies or related biotherapeutic proteins is a plus
- Knowledge of regulatory filings such as INDs, BLAs, IMPDs, etc would be advantageous
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up – custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists – all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.Apply Now