The Applications Training Specialist, MRI is an essential part of the Customer Care team. The primary responsibility will be to develop and deliver a user training curriculum for our MR system to ensure customer (internal and external) needs are met. This will involve hands-on and didactic training at customer sites to a technologist audience. This individual will also play a customer support role at the user interface level.
The ideal candidate will be independent, self-motivated, and results oriented, with a positive attitude and a highly personable and energetic presence. They’re also not afraid to “roll up their sleeves” when asked to setup equipment and assist on installations. In addition, they are passionate about Synaptive’s vision and providing the best possible training experience to the customer.
As part of the larger Synaptive Medical team, the Applications Training Specialist, MRI is a fundamental contributor to improving the quality of our products by reflecting the customers’ and clients’ feedback to our Engineering and Design teams.
What You’ll Do
- Work with product development team to scope learning requirements and objectives for MRI and other Synaptive products
- Design, develop and execute training curriculum for MRI system users
- Manage training records and associated documentation for quality purposes
- Deliver on-site training for customers
- Actively recognize and address internal training gaps/opportunities
- Assist with implementation and configuration activities during on-site installs
- Provide troubleshooting and service support for system users
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns
- Provide customer feedback to Synaptive design and engineering teams
- Communicate all relevant customer information including product and customer opportunities to internal teams (Sales, Engineering, Marketing, Product Management, Service)
- Work in close collaboration with the Clinical Training Manager to assist with development and improvement of Synaptive’s Global Training program.
- Leverage clinical expertise to drive business opportunities
- Represent Synaptive at trade shows, exhibitions, and continuing education courses as needed
- Travel on short notice to U.S. and other international destinations (up to 30% travel)
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent experience
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- 3 years’ experience in MRI
- Prior experience with training and education on imaging modalities
- A valid passport is required for international travel
- Professional and effective teaching and presentation skills
It’d Be Amazing If You Had
- MRI Technologist certification
- Experience working with medical device software, PACS, DICOM, and hospital IT
- Knowledge of MRI sequences and their applications
- Experience configuring site-specific MRI protocols
- Experience imaging patients on MRI consoles
- Advanced Medical Terminology
- Experience with Navigation, Robotics and Optics
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer service
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Cooperative and collaborative team player
- Motivated to work with other departments
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to bring customer satisfaction situations to successful completion in a timely manner
- Ability to work within hospital or environment and adapt to changing plans and circumstances
- The ability to be flexible and manage time effectively is important while incorporating an irregular travel schedule
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
The Fine Print
The employee may perform other related duties as necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Synaptive Medical is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities.
We would like to thank everyone who submits a resume for these positions. Due to the volume that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.