For 75 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
Animal Behavior and Enrichment Technician – Veterinary Services Technical
As an Animal behavior and enrichment Technician for our Veterinary Services Technical team in Sherbrooke, you will be responsible for supporting the development and improvement of the behavioral management and enrichment program, as well as verifying the program for all species meets all applicable regulatory guidelines and animal welfare/wellbeing standards including the policies/regulations.
In this role, key responsibilities include:
- Perform animal well-being and behavioral assessments and develop behavioral management plans.
- Contribute to, and lead, implementation of new processes and/or projects designed to improve the company’s Behavioral Health and Enrichment Program and train staff.
- Designs new and existing enrichment products; fabricates and evaluates prototypes of new enrichment products; revises products based on feedback; and oversees enrichment product testing and development.
We are looking for the following minimum qualifications for this role:
- Good observation and resourcefulness skills
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrate flexibility and ability to work independently.
- Being able to work physically (lift up to 20 kg, walk, stand, stoop, etc.)
- Bilingualism French and English is required.
- College Diploma in Animal Health, in Environmental and Wildlife management or in Biotechnology or bachelor’s degree in Biology or any related Animal Science discipline. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Experience in animal behavior is an asset.
Please note that upon being hired, you will have to undergo an annual tuberculosis test at the expense of the company.
Role Specific Information:
- Location: easily accessible using Sherbrooke’s public transit system. Free parking. Electric vehicle charging station.
- Pay: Starting at 23.50$/hrs. Opportunity to start at higher level and higher salary with animal behavior experience;
- Schedule: Full time, permanent position (37.5 hours/week), depending on the needs, you may have to do overtime.
Why Charles River?
- 3 weeks’ vacation & Personal days.
- Competitive benefits as of the hiring. We pay up to 85% of premiums (health & dental coverage).
- Access to a savings and retirement program that includes an employer contribution.
- Excellent welcome program for new employees as well as in-house advancement and career development opportunities.
- Access to a doctor and various health professionals (telemedicine).
- Free gym on site.
If you want to contribute to the wellbeing of our communities across the country and around the world, join our team. IT’S YOUR MOMENT!
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 300 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 20,000 employees within 110 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 86% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer – all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected]. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.Apply Now