At Charles River, we are passionate about improving the quality of people’s lives. When you join our global family, you will help create healthier lives for millions of patients and their families.
Charles River employees are innovative thinkers, who are dedicated to continuous learning and improvement. We will empower you with the resources you need to grow and develop in your career.
As a Charles River employee, you will be part of an industry-leading, customer-focused company at the forefront of drug development. Your skills will play a key role in bringing life-saving therapies to market faster through simpler, quicker, and more digitalized processes. Whether you are in lab operations, finance, IT, sales, or another area, when you work at Charles River, you will be the difference every day for patients across the globe.
- You are interested in a CAREER in animal care?
- Seize the opportunity to undertake a fully paid training and get a diploma.
- In conjunction with the CFP des Moulins and Pharmabio Development, Charles River Laboratories (CRL), recognized as one of Montreal’s top employers 4 years in a row, has implemented an animal care training program accredited and subsidized by the Quebec government.
- You will have the opportunity, while earning a salary, to follow a training which, upon successful completion, will enable you to obtain an attestation of vocational studies in animal care as well as a permanent job at Charles River.
DETAILS OF THE PROGRAM:
- 13 weeks of training
- Monday to Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
- 60% theoretical (virtual) – 40% practical (on the hiring site)
- Paid training and an hourly salary of $16.25
- Start of the training: May 4, 2021
- Location: Laval, Senneville or Boisbriand
- High School – Level III;
- Reading English is required, bilingualism is preferable;
- Flexibility to work on various schedules, including nights and weekends.
YOUR ROLE FOLLOWING THE TRAINING:
- Perform the daily maintenance of cages in the animal rooms according to the schedules and protocol;
- Plan the preparation/decontamination of animal rooms according to the schedule while ensuring that the required material is available for the upcoming studies;
- Participate in the social enrichment of animals;
- Assist the animal health technicians with the animal handling during the procedures;
- Carry out the animal inspection tour;
- Weigh the animals and evaluate their food consumption;
- Perform treatments, if required;
WORKING AT CHARLES RIVER IS TAKING ADVANTAGE OF…
- Competitive social benefits
- State-of-the-art technology
- A great corporate culture
- A dynamic environment
- Opportunities for career advancement
- An education expense reimbursement program
- A volunteer program
- A recognition program
- The uniform provided
- And much more…
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.Apply Now