At Charles River, we are passionate about improving the quality of people’s lives. When you join our global family, you will help create healthier lives for millions of patients and their families.
Charles River employees are innovative thinkers, who are dedicated to continuous learning and improvement. We will empower you with the resources you need to grow and develop in your career.
As a Charles River employee, you will be part of an industry-leading, customer-focused company at the forefront of drug development. Your skills will play a key role in bringing life-saving therapies to market faster through simpler, quicker, and more digitalized processes. Whether you are in lab operations, finance, IT, sales, or another area, when you work at Charles River, you will be the difference every day for patients across the globe.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant for our Study Management department site located in Laval (Greater Montreal area) in Canada.
The following are responsibilities related to the Administrative Assistant:
- Perform general administrative functions such as letter preparation and word-processing work;
- Act as the IACUC coordinator
- Obtain signatures for various documents (Protocols, Amendments, etc) from the signatories (IACUC, QA, Management etc.);
- Scan, distribute and file electronic draft/final protocols, memos, protocol amendments, study schedules, etc.;
- Prepare shipment requests;
- Prepare datasets for sponsor requests;
- Milestone tracking – Gather information from study directors
- Prepare SD meeting minutes and agenda;
- Update protocol templates when any changes are required;
- Verify tables (including for shipments) for accuracy;
- Archive electronic correspondence main file (PST file, burn CDs and send them to the archivist);
- Ensure that CITES (Convention on international trade in endangered species of wild and flora) are sent/received from the Fauna & Flora Preservation Society for shipments;
- Prepare office supply orders.
The following are minimum qualifications related to the Administrative Assistant position :
- Secretarial Diploma or equivalent;
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant experience;
- Fluently bilingual, oral and written;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Strong customer service orientation;
- Ability to work under time constraints and adapt to change;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to work without supervision;
- Aptitude to learn new software.
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position. If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.Apply Now