2. To support employer and post-secondary institutions to hire students during COVID-19 please see expanded eligibility details on the Employer application page.
3. Applications are being accepted for all placements starting before March 2021
Are you a student looking for a work placement?
Get your foot in the door to start your career. Gain valuable work experience and skills needed to initiate your career in biotechnology or healthcare. The Student Work Placement Program’s wage subsidy offers employers up to $7,500 towards your salary as incentive to hire and train you.
Wage subsidies are available to all biotech and healthcare employers who are creating a work-integrated learning opportunity and who meet the program criteria. Employers can hire STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math), healthcare, business students and all other programs from any post-secondary institutions across Canada through BioTalent Canada’s Student Work Placement Program.
Please note: international students are not eligible.
To qualify for the program, either
- the student position needs to have a biotechnology or healthcare focus or
- the employer needs to have a biotechnology or healthcare focus.
To participate in a student work placement you must:
- be registered in a full-time or part-time post-secondary program;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person with refugee protection given under the law;
- be legally able to work in Canada according to the laws and regulations of the province or territory where you live.
BioTalent Canada assumes no legal responsibility towards applicants or companies seeking subsidies.
Please note, Employers apply to the program. For Employer application information please visit BioTalent.ca/co-opfunds.
If you are interested in applying to a work placement or if you want to find out more about this program, we can answer all your questions. Please contact Benita at 1-866-243-2472, ext. 234 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact Colleen, ext. 221 or email@example.com, or Hannah, ext. 215 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re from BC, please contact Sue at (604)669-9909 ext. 108 or email@example.com
Featured Co-op Programs:
Funded in part by the Government of Canada’s Student Work Placement Program.