click images for the full videos
Due to overwhelming demand, BioTalent Canada’s 2023-2024 Student Work Placement Program (including Winter 2024 placements) has reached capacity.
Applications may be placed on a limited-capacity waitlist. Employers will receive an email notification if their application(s) has been placed on the waitlist.
Please contact Esra at [email protected] if you have any questions.
Get your foot in the door to start your career.
Gain valuable work experience and skills needed to initiate your career in biotechnology or healthcare. The Student Work Placement Program’s wage subsidy offers employers up to $7,000 towards your salary as incentive to hire and train you.
Wage subsidies are available to all biotechnology and healthcare organizations who are creating a work-integrated learning opportunity and who meet the program criteria. Employers can hire STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math), healthcare, business students and all other programs from any post-secondary institutions across Canada through BioTalent Canada’s Student Work Placement Program.
Please note: international students are not eligible.
To qualify for the program, either:
- the student position needs to have a biotechnology or healthcare focus or
- the employer needs to have a biotechnology or healthcare focus.
To participate in a student work placement, you must:
- be enrolled as a full-time or part-time student at a Canadian post-secondary education institution. Including undergrad, Masters, PhD or post-graduate students;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person with refugee protection given under the law;
- be legally able to work in Canada according to the laws and regulations of the province or territory where you live.
BioTalent Canada assumes no legal responsibility towards applicants or companies seeking subsidies.
Please note, Employers apply to the program. For Employer application information please visit BioTalent.ca/co-opfunds.
If you are interested in applying to a work placement or if you want to find out more about this program, we can answer all your questions. Please contact Colleen at 1-866-243-2472, ext. 218 or [email protected].
Featured Co-op Programs:
Funded in part by the Government of Canada’s Student Work Placement Program.